Help with IP

TheFluffycart

L3: Member
Jul 6, 2019
Editing this: I goofed up the first time around with the IP. Also, I know the lighting is messed up in the map. Right now, I am mainly focused on getting a basic layout of what I want. That's why I put a Garfield statue on top of Blue side (It's not a final map). Sorry for the confusion

Attachments

• he_watches.png
    he_watches.png
    918.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
I haven't joined the server, but from the screenshot I can tell that the map is fullbright (was compiled without lighting) and doesn't have cubemaps (reflections). Make sure you run VRAD when compiling, there aren't any important/fatal errors, and build cubemaps manually.

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
ip : 192.168.1.6:27015​
as a CN major I feel pain here. I'll gladly explain what's up. This is a local IP meaning it cannot leave your home network and CANNOT be accessed outside of the network so anyone who tries to connect to the server will timeout. This can be solved by port forwarding your router then the ip will look like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx

TheFluffycart

Jul 6, 2019
as a CN major I feel pain here. I'll gladly explain what's up. This is a local IP meaning it cannot leave your home network and CANNOT be accessed outside of the network so anyone who tries to connect to the server will timeout. This can be solved by port forwarding your router then the ip will look like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx
Thank you. I'll make sure to do that once I am ready to test again! I'm taking a break right now, and since this isn't major stress, I'm not going to worry for now

TheFluffycart

Jul 6, 2019
I haven't joined the server, but from the screenshot I can tell that the map is fullbright (was compiled without lighting) and doesn't have cubemaps (reflections). Make sure you run VRAD when compiling, there aren't any important/fatal errors, and build cubemaps manually.
Thank you! I'll keep this in mind when I'm working on the final product. As of right now, I want to make sure it's a semi functional map. Lighting and texture fixes are up next on my to do list, as well as making sure everything is neat and tidy