Help with IP

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by TheFluffycart, Jul 13, 2019.

1. TheFluffycart

TheFluffycart L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Editing this: I goofed up the first time around with the IP. Also, I know the lighting is messed up in the map. Right now, I am mainly focused on getting a basic layout of what I want. That's why I put a Garfield statue on top of Blue side (It's not a final map). Sorry for the confusion

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. n8five484

n8five484 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

3. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't joined the server, but from the screenshot I can tell that the map is fullbright (was compiled without lighting) and doesn't have cubemaps (reflections). Make sure you run VRAD when compiling, there aren't any important/fatal errors, and build cubemaps manually.

4. nesman

aa nesman oh god how did this get here

Positive Ratings:
    as a CN major I feel pain here. I'll gladly explain what's up. This is a local IP meaning it cannot leave your home network and CANNOT be accessed outside of the network so anyone who tries to connect to the server will timeout. This can be solved by port forwarding your router then the ip will look like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx

5. TheFluffycart

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you. I'll make sure to do that once I am ready to test again! I'm taking a break right now, and since this isn't major stress, I'm not going to worry for now

6. TheFluffycart

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you! I'll keep this in mind when I'm working on the final product. As of right now, I want to make sure it's a semi functional map. Lighting and texture fixes are up next on my to do list, as well as making sure everything is neat and tidy

7. TheFluffycart

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I goofed up. Usually I just click add to party on a friend, and then they can join XD. I'm so sorry for this