CP Hardwood rc4

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
You're pretty quick! The first two seem to be fixed as you mentioned, but I don't actually see the chicken wire fence between the wooden fence gaps that you fixed. Hmm...
weird, it might be some rendering issues related to blockbullets2. I'll figure something for it soon

PoliteTim.ttv

L1: Registered
Jul 15, 2022
The amount of space between Red's first spawn and the A point is quite substantial. This map could be a 5 point attack defend quite easily, or maybe a connected 3 for 1 like dustbowl or thunder mountain. I know its quite early on in development, but there are also plenty of pixel walks to hang out on, most roofs have one!

This is a nitpick but why are the roofs of the structures in the large porch area just outside of Blu spawn clipped if the divider wall isn't? It feels out of place, though thats just because I like open maps.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
DrSquishy updated Hardwood with a new update entry:

Beta 2 release

Nearly 10 months since beta 1 released, 3 years 9 months since the original release, and 46 versions later; beta 2 is complete. Most detailing should be finished by now, and optimisation is now the main thing I'll be looking at. Thank you to everyone who's given feedback along the way.

Asset credits:
thin pines - Diva Dan
sequoias - EArkham
cap point base, C point hero props, cables, and winches - Emil Rusboi

Screenshots:
cp_hardwood_b20019.png
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Hey! Just letting you know that all of the generator props below Point C are non-solid and can just be walked through. I imagine this isn't something you intended.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Hey! Just letting you know that all of the generator props below Point C are non-solid and can just be walked through. I imagine this isn't something you intended.
Are you sure you have the right version? I just checked and while some props are nonsolid (unintended, will fix for the next release but they're minor so won't hotfix), the main ones under C are completely fine

Mess About

L7: Fancy Member
Jan 16, 2017
the water on Blu spawn has really weird thing going on
cp_hardwood_b2.jpg

the reflection looks like some kind of structure? it also follows my camera

Edit: there's also Z-fighting for all Blu's setup gates after they open (the right gate is the most obvious one)
Edit2: some stairs on Red's last have no clip brush

Last edited:

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Are you sure you have the right version? I just checked and while some props are nonsolid (unintended, will fix for the next release but they're minor so won't hotfix), the main ones under C are completely fine
Yes, I am using the most recent version, b2. I even deleted my version and redownloaded and you can still walk right through them.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Yes, I am using the most recent version, b2. I even deleted my version and redownloaded and you can still walk right through them.
Seems to be an issue where the collision meshes for all props aren't packed - will fix for b3

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

Optimisation, clipping, misc changes

For this update, I've made a lot of small improvements to optimisation;
- implemented propfades for most of the props in the map
- added areaportal windows
- cut down on excessive numbers of rock props
- replaced a lot of sequoias in the skybox with displacement cards

and gameplay;
- full map clipping pass (should be a lot better)
- made a full ammo on C into a medium to help blue a little
- blocked red vision of left blue flank to the red highground on B; this should hopefully help blue...

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Hello once again! Sorry I didn't notice before, but it seems the prop shown in the image before also has the same issue of being non-solid. Could be the same issue as before where the collision mesh didn't pack. Other than that, looking good!

1674962181742.png

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Hello once again! Sorry I didn't notice before, but it seems the prop shown in the image before also has the same issue of being non-solid. Could be the same issue as before where the collision mesh didn't pack. Other than that, looking good!

1674962181742.png
I think I just forgot collision meshes for these ones, thanks for pointing it out

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

b5

Removed B rock jump, i didnt like how it broke the upper lobby for blu
added window on B for red
reduced B and C cap times
more optimisation
more clipping
more C detailing
new setup gates (ty emil)
maybe more

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

rc1!!!!

Release candidate. One test on tf2m servers to check performance then I will either upload this or rc1a to the workshop.
Screenshots:
cp_hardwood_rc10000.png
cp_hardwood_rc10005.png
cp_hardwood_rc10002.png
cp_hardwood_rc10003.png
cp_hardwood_rc10001.png
cp_hardwood_rc10004.png

Changes:
- (hopefully) improved performance,
- fixed some render bugs, some do remain though
- 15 more seconds on map start and on A cap (for +30...