General art thread

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
cp_gravelpit0003.jpg

I got bored in gmod, i need to mess with Photoshop to improve it.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Might as well dump this here:

imp_wip05.jpg

It's not done, but it's probably as done as it's going to be. I just used it to practice painting in Photoshop (I'm more used to SAI, which is much simpler and easier, but I don't want to limit myself by which tools I can reliably use).

Last edited:

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
319867_357084771005824_100001129136550_901838_1584345015_n.jpg

I made this a while ago...

May 2, 2009
ibzlwIfo6k9iVv.jpg

Some characters which I have designed to our game concept school project. Idea is that there is 3 major music genres: Rock, Hip Hop and Techno (not in the image) for people to follow.

May 2, 2009
Which colors did you use to paint that stegarootbeer ? Did you use them before or after it went to oven?

Good looking model with a real life bumpmap added to it.

stegarootbeer

L2: Junior Member
Jan 15, 2012
Which colors did you use to paint that stegarootbeer ? Did you use them before or after it went to oven?

Good looking model with a real life bumpmap added to it.

I mixed paints? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. But it was painted after it went to the oven with acrylic paints.

Mar 20, 2012
I drew a picture of some guy who looks sort of native American. I am a middle-aged woman who uses healing crystals and reads Rudolf Steiner. Please help me.

Heh. I went to a Waldorf school from 5th through 12th grade. (Waldorf schools are built on Steiner's philosophy)

Also, your art kind of reminds me of this music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF_C7BvAf_A

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
Heh. I went to a Waldorf school from 5th through 12th grade. (Waldorf schools are built on Steiner's philosophy)

Also, your art kind of reminds me of this music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF_C7BvAf_A

I went to a Waldorf school 1st through 7th, then another one 8th through 9th. :D

Then I went to the gymnasium (that's the 10th through 12th year school, Swedish system) founded by and placed in the last school, but the gymnasium was pretty lax on the whole antroposophy thing, so I don't think it counts.

That video doesn't really the resemble the stuff I draw my inspiration from but it's cool nonetheless. Thanks.

May 2, 2009
Not sure if the bird just took the heart or the girl ate them both. The girls mouth could suggest the last. If it supposed to be the first make the third image bit different. Usually in comics it's best to represent the moment after the happening instead the happening itself. Think all the comics where people are fighting or jumping somewhere, they are always already hitted someone or jumped somewhere. So the third image could be that the bird has taken the heart instead of taking it.

Did I explain this clearly? Dunno.

This image explains what I wanted to say:
page12b.gif

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure if the bird just took the heart or the girl ate them both. The girls mouth could suggest the last. If it supposed to be the first make the third image bit different. Usually in comics it's best to represent the moment after the happening instead the happening itself. Think all the comics where people are fighting or jumping somewhere, they are always already hitted someone or jumped somewhere. So the third image could be that the bird has taken the heart instead of taking it.

Did I explain this clearly? Dunno.

This image explains what I wanted to say:
page12b.gif

Interesting. I draw a lot but i don't draw comics, nor have i studied them particularly cosely, besides reading the odd "how to draw" manga. To me it made sense but i guess it others it wont.