Status
Not open for further replies.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Flame said:
its a video game on the internet.

This pretty much sums up why Flame as an individual does not compliment TF2maps.net's goals.

That and Flame would rather dismiss issues as troublesome or negligable rather than tackle them head on. It's always someone elses problem or that other people are being unreasonable.

Last edited:

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
omfg you disrespectful dishonorable human being you offend to many people that is unacceptable

looks like you need the power of BABY JESUS

There's no need to Troll the thread Super. This is a pretty decent opportunity for people to get some things off their chest about Flame in a public yet semi-formal manner. Flame's convinced he has the support of the community, lets give him the opportunity to prove that.

So far the response seems negative.

P.S. I was going to say something along the lines of where ever Flame goes Troll's follow, but with Selentic and Trotim banned it might not have been prudent. But it seems you've eagerly filled in their gap.

Make a serious response in a serious thread or don't respond at all. With a reply like that no one will take Flame's support seriously and you only damage his efforts.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
There's no need to Troll the thread Super. This is a pretty decent opportunity for people to get some things off their chest about Flame in a public yet semi-formal manner. Flame's convinced he has the support of the community, lets give him the opportunity to prove that.

So far the response seems negative.

P.S. I was going to say something along the lines of where ever Flame goes Troll's follow, but with Selentic and Trotim banned it might not have been prudent. But it seems you've filled in their gap.

Make a serious response in a serious thread or don't respond at all.

it's an inside joke stop over-analyzing everything (and a bit saying everyone is acting like a baby)

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
it's an inside joke stop over-analyzing everything (and a bit saying everyone is acting like a baby)

How does this seem like an appropriate place for inside jokes?

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
this is coming from someone who quits out of tf2 when i join the server

In Rexy's defence, TF2maps.net lost a very valuble member of the community as a result of your past "pissing about".

There was far more concern for Rexy and his return and the controversial-ness of the ban than there was for "he deserved it, we all love Flame".

Him leaving a game with you in it is not something worth while to rag on.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Just a thought, but Rexy didn't have to leave. He could've blocked flame and muted him ingame and wouldn't even need to know about him. I wouldn't mind flame as staff. There's actually only a couple of people I wouldn't trust as staff, maybe I'm too trusting, I dunno.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Whether Rexy leaves a game in progress because Flame joined or not is not important. But what is important is why. Blocking or muting Flame doesn't prevent him from ruining otherwise balanced play tests.

Flame's not the only one who does it, but it's something that needs addressing: If Flame wants to be a moderator he needs to understand the concept of compromise and liberty. Not just sweep responsibilities under the carpet under the guise of other peoples inadequacies.

If he can't accept that the community comes before his ego then he doesn't deserve to become a moderator.

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
All that this thread has established is that one little thing can send flame, grazr, and several other members into a war. Sounds modworthy to me.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
With exception to the minimal trolling, this thread has been fairly civil, and can remain that way. And I believe grazr is right, this needs to be brought out and discussed publicly, since otherwise nothing else is being done.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Here is where I stand:
SS-2010.07.01-00.37.35.png

Or at least where I'm trying to stand, it's nearly impossible to not be on one side or another these days.

I'm not gonna pick either side (if I can avoid it) because goddamn, you are just trying to fling dirt in each others faces down there. I think I'm a pretty tolerant person, I've yet to meet anyone on this site, or on our servers that has annoyed me so much that I need to mute/ignore them (there has been close calls but still not enough).

On the secondary topic of this thread (the "Flame is a douche? vote now" thing) I don't know what to say other than that I can't see where most of the criticism is coming from. I gather it's from him being blunt in his comments?

For starters some of my first encounters with flame was when he thundering down feedback lane on ctf_system (my map). And he had a lot to say about it, most sentences contained the word "suck" or "change map".
This made me more happy than angry tbh (and I'm not just saying that), because for the first time in 3 months someone pointed out the design faults that had been troubling me for ages, and actually had suggestions to fix when I confronted him about it. Sadly the map was done at that point and I didn't feel like updating it. But the feedback was carried on and used in ctf_fusion.

As I see it: Flame is blunt, but I have never seen him being rude. He can offer good feedback and you either take it, ignore it or bitch about it. And I don't know why so many choose option #3.

I think I'm slowly sliding down the mountain into the "yay flame" category? At least until someone can record a live session/me witnessing a situation where flame is a complete dick for no reason.

Blaming one guy for unbalancing a test, in a team based game is ridiculous and I'd say trying to figure out how he manages to be successful on the map is a good lesson in itself.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
How about everyone just stop being babies and play the damn game for fun and not take everything serious i mean yes flame can be a little rude i mean doesn't everyone?

Rexy you're a cool guy but no need to quit on a community that one guy some how fucked up
Flame it doesn't help making a new thread every few weeks saying " oh hey i want mod can i haz it pl0x"

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I really, really don't want to write this post. Because I feel that this discussion is just a grind and I know Flame will shoot it down with half a sentence like every other time I address him. But I would rather not have him as a moderator, which is why I feel the need to speak up again.

Ravidge, you're correct in saying that Flame is never rude. He's just blunt. But I've always been wondering, why does he need to come off as arrogant and angry at all times? Does he get some satisfaction from seeing people take offense from his behavior? I appreciate Flame's excellent work and knowledge, but if he cannot ever present this in a friendly manner, I'm not having any of it. A good moderator should be able to keep a community together by being friendly and including, something Flame has to my experience never been.

If you're wondering why I'm not addressing you directly, Flame, it's because I asked you what the deal is with your behavior and you denied it being the case at all. I'm not hoping for more than a "lol" or another denial from you.

Sorry I had to rant.

Mar 23, 2010
Hey more drama. Snacks/Rav for admin. They are srs ppl with srs admining abilities. I dont see why you shouldn't give him a chance I guess. I'm probably being a little bit too "nice" with a srs thing like admin.

me4a2

Status
Not open for further replies.