Even corridor lighting

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
How can I properly light a 302 x 232 HU corridor well, without lighting issues on the walls?

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
I found that the standard light entities tend to be too focused and intense. light_spot entities seem to make more gentle lighting. Another tip is to change the colour of the light to grey instead of white as it also makes it less intense.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
This is a super bizarre question. "How do I light this [specific size] corridor"....

The answer is literally just... light it? There's really no right or wrong way as long as it reads well and doesn't hurt players' eyes.

I don't know what you mean when you say "lighting issues" either.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
This is a super bizarre question. "How do I light this [specific size] corridor"....

The answer is literally just... light it? There's really no right or wrong way as long as it reads well and doesn't hurt players' eyes.

I don't know what you mean when you say "lighting issues" either.
I mean where the strength becomes very high on the walls near the source

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Found a very good system, of an alternating light system with these two lamps in a system like this: 1-2-1-2-1-2

Attachments

• LightSetting1.PNG
    LightSetting1.PNG
    71.7 KB · Views: 34
  • LightSetting2.PNG
    LightSetting2.PNG
    67.9 KB · Views: 36

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Use light_spot. Most light sources don't shine light on the ceiling they're attached to and players don't need to look there, so all light should be directed towards the ground. I pretty much only ever use point lights to add a little bit of "ghost" lighting around light sources that also use a light_spot. They also wont create super bright spots on the walls if you place them far enough from the walls.