veteran_test.png

And this
veteran_test_sponsor.png

Not sure why the sponsor one got blurry

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Can we fade out the icons for topics we've already read?

A tiny "new" over the bright red icon is hardly noticeable :(

Otherwise, it looks fantastic!

(And where are our new group tags? :p)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I dunno. What do the new tags look like?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Dropdown signatures seem kind of pointless. You should either have them or you don't at all. :(

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Dropdown signatures seem kind of pointless. You should either have them or you don't at all. :(
i like it. it doesnt clutter up the discussion with pictures of cats and other silly crap.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Now the little button is in the way

I agree with you on the signatures, though, but can we just remove them entirely?

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
It's the blueprint jutting out from the top right, to the right of the featured maps area

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Thought that was part of the banner :O

btw, the Featured Map link to Coldfront links to the KOTH version :p

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
They're fine. It's an improvement in my eyes, and drp just put it up, so stop complaining and give him some time to iron out the kinks.

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Looks pretty cool overall. As a suggestion, perhaps the rectangular buttons could be made the shape of the HUD objects in TF2 (i.e. the box around your ammo count). The current clean-cut look contradicts the deliberately-crooked text IMO.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Mm, i doubt anyone's gonna read a topic and then click at the end of each post to see a signature that probably contains someones server stats. Though it'll be annoying not to be able to plug maps/tutorials which is exactly what this site is about...

If anything, just remove images from signatures. text and url's shouldn't cause a bandwidth or page rape issue.

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
It was only a couple hours ago that I was here and everything was the same. Now I come back and I 'bout crap my pants because everything looks different.

Overall I gotta say I like it. Mostly neutrals colors work well for all the background stuff, with more colorful things to draw the eye to more important features. I will say that I'm finding the light font on the dark background in forum posts a bit harder to read than the dark font on light background. That tends to be the nature of light fonts on dark backgrounds though. I wouldn't mind a slightly larger default font size to overcome that problem. Beyond that I'm happy with how it all looks. Nice work!

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Most signatures usually do not add to page length/clutter due to the average post length being so short compared the height required by username and group banner and title and 150 pixel avatars and five rows of infotext.