Contest #9 (Swamp) Voting thread.

Who's is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Half the particles didn't even work for me, so I couldn't use them.

Also, the contest is a swamp detail contest. Does that mean you should vote for whichever looks the best? Or whichever looks the best swamplike and detailed?

A combination of the both perhaps? Personally i'm looking for intuitive design, clever use of the details to create something unexpected yet appropriate. Although this is exactly what my own map does not do. Really. Lol.

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
I voted for midlymad :)

That was a hard choice. I liked many of the entries, including fleshgolem, lordned, eerieone, mrmuffinman, phil and screaminggerbil.

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Hey, Mr. Muffin man!

picture.php

What was this suppose to be?

Inqwel

Jun 2, 2008
Wow, talk about secrets. After browsing all 44, it came down to 7 entries.

It was hard to pick between Velvetfistironglove and Gadget, they both have such hidden amazing secret areas! I totally found both only by exploring in game.

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
I checked my map using pakrat it appears that the particles and soundscape were packed incorrectly you guys forgot to add the file paths. This could be why alot arent working the contest rules were vague on if we needed to pakrat:(

Last edited:

The_Ulf

May 26, 2009
Shoot - I haven't gotten through many yet, but there's already a couple of really good submissions that it just seems were committed before the swamp patch and/or misread "don't pakrat" as "don't pakrat at all," losing their particle manifests.

Don't know how I feel about those. :(

Zwiffle

Jun 24, 2008
Yeah I judged based on screenshots - if I could get that erased I'll actually spend the time running through each map (albeit for like a minute) and try to pick based off that.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
I voted for Tanuki, but it was very difficult to choose. Also, I didn't know about the update until I started looking at the entries, so mine's probably messed up :bored:

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
I make a mistake and I voted for myself. I voted too fast and to see who people voted for.
I want to remove my vote and vote in favor of lordned.

I'm confused

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
where can I see the images?

NINJA EDIT: found it

SECOND EDIT (not ninja'd): no I didn't

THIRD AND FRICKIN' FINAL EDIT: I found it [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8570"]Contest #9 (Swamp) Upload thread. - TF2Maps.net[/ame]

Last edited:

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
eh...this is going to take a while (!!!) to look through...

44 maps, 20s loading time per map, 5-10 min per map in-game...anywhere between 3 to 8 hours to properly look through them in-game. doing the same in hammer will take another 6+ hours. o_O

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
don't vote for yourself

swamp_tanuki
cornontheCoD, tanuki

swamp_vigilante
Vigilante212

swamp_watterman
Palette, Watterman

>_____>