Cloudburst

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Totally skipping over a4, a5 is up.

I will update the screenshots when I get the chance.

Getting out 2 alphas in one day. Go me.

Apr 19, 2009
bug2.JPG

Boonsaw

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2008
I think this played pretty well, despite the complaints. Should be a bit shorter, though, as I know you now know :)p).

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
From playing today:
  • Clarity of which surfaces are jumpable-to and which are clipped off.
  • Map is a bit too good when it comes to allowing explosive travel from A to B.
  • If you want to avoid the snipers, routes are scarce. Perhaps some sort of tunnel option? More bends in the pathways?
  • Intel room susceptible to turtling, could use more openings to allow soldiers/demomen to remove structures inside.
  • Windows which you can vs. cannot shoot through are not obviously different. The glass texture used should be much darker, or else the "open" windows should not have the grid of panes in them.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
a6 will be a while, I'm working on a completely new mid. I'm going for somewhat longer and larger area with more height difference.
I'm thinking of making it in a large ice cavern to stop demomen from jumping the length of the map.

If anyone's played UT2004 and the map "Bridge of fate" I'm thinking something like that might be pretty awesome, but in a snowy setting.

I'm also considering changing it to invade ctf, but I need your opinion on this.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Political's pic of him trying to detonate stickies on me as I teleport is unimportant. I tried building a sentry up there, and it's very useless. The sentry barely covers the bridge, and it's in the open and can be killed easily from the other team's spawn, the other side of the bridge, or the intel area.

lockitup

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2009
We playtested this on our server and its really turning out to be one of my favs in this competition. Needs some work still, can't wait for a8!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The changes to mid are pretty awesome. The healths are ok, someone said something about them not being in the right place, but i had no quarrels. Deffinately don't move the small in the intel room. My only gripe is that grabing the intel as a team, leaves the scout running off to cap, and 2 or 3 people right outside the enemy spawn, on the high ground.

The reset is a little annoying, but it also means you have to protect the flag carrier all the way to your own base. I would say leave it, so a team didn't stick around to spawn camp, but it's annoying when a scout runs between 2 protectors and the flag carrier for a sneak return. This would probably work better in pub play, and i don't play comp so i can't really say whether they prefer this mechanic or not. But it seemed that in general you should remove it.

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Yeah, I know. :(

I update the changelist but screenshots are a bit iffier. I'll do it all when I release a10 before I leave today. :)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
a10 is up!
Updated the screenshots too.

EDIT: a10a up because a10 had broken intelz.

Last edited: