PL Candyland test6c

Sonoma

tf_logic_lesbian
aa
May 12, 2020
Sonoma updated Candyland with a new update entry:

Minor Changes / Fixes

|fixed an exploit that allowed engineer to build inside RED's spawn on Stage A
|attempted to fix a rare bug that occurs on Stage C where the cart begins to move on its own during setup time
|attempted to fix a bug where you could get stuck in the world while the cart was moving into the cave on Stage B
|updated some assets
|minor detailing adjustments
|altered the geo around Stage C Last, goal is to help RED engineer more, and giving them more effective sentry...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
This is for version pl_candyland_test6a

I have to say that the map really peeked my interest. Pyroland has always been an oddball and now its there, quite literally playable for real. I like that the map has different theme for each stage that still is similar enough to unify them all together as a single pyroland payload map. Especially the skybox moving cats look really nice and the balloonicorn going around dropping those health drops is a nice touch, not to mention the cart itself where the blinking light is actually on the record player itself. Thats a good visual idea.

Perhaps the record is playing too loud though. You can hear it pretty far on the map but if thats the idea, then its ok. The loop may just be a bit annoying in long term if you hear it almost everywhere.

I noticed that the some areas of the stages are still a bit unfinished, like the red spawn in stage1 and stage3 looked kind of blank. I assume they are still being worked on like the clipping and everything else. Gameplay is the most important thing now as its still in testing (Wutville moment also at stage3 house style is a nice bonus touch).

Only thing i didnt like in stage 1 was the placement of these few health and ammo in 1st image. Maybe they could be moved at the top of the hill near crosshair (see image #1), so that they are more easily visible from every angle even to players, who arent using this route and are new to the map.

The second thing that I though could be improved is to have some visual block here (see image #2), so that players dont think they can go under the "rope" to reach that area. Eventually they are being blocked by invisible barrier and same thing kind of happens in stage3 in "candyland" (see image #3). Minor thing but its something I would see how to make more apparent, that its not a playable area.

There are 2 spots where the cart shakes a lot when it touched the ground. You can see these by just pushing the cart and watching it and screen shake at the same time. One spot like this is the uphill in stage 2 before the cart turns to the last straight way to the last point and another is at stage3 at the end of the bridge downwards, before 2nd point. Moving up or forward or backward some of the the path_tracks a bit should do the trick.

One of the things I kept wondering is the stage3 BLU spawn. As it never moves, It seems to be too far for the slower classes to go from there, to the last area after 2nd point has been captured. Long way to go if spies are smashing the teleporters all the time and seems like hard push forward. The 3rd stage track in this map is roughly 1/4th longer than it is for example in goldrush, which plays similarly to this one considering the track lenght and exclude other factors. (if carts do move at the same speed).

I'm not 100% sure its a problem but if it is, I would suggest to consider to add a forward spawn for the BLU team in this house (see image #4). The 2 brown doors spots would be exits, with the lower having even arrow front of it pointing to way of the cart to left popping up, when 2nd is captured.

Overall I think this map when finished (well, even now) is great candidate for official map. Theres no other like this and i'm sure players would love to see and play this one. Just needs to finish those spots that are still unfinished and so forth. You're already on a good track. Good luck with the map!

Attachments

• pl_candyland_test6a0002.jpg
    pl_candyland_test6a0002.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 10
  • pl_candyland_test6a0012.jpg
    pl_candyland_test6a0012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • pl_candyland_test6a0020.jpg
    pl_candyland_test6a0020.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 10
  • pl_candyland_test6a0003.jpg
    pl_candyland_test6a0003.jpg
    795.8 KB · Views: 11

Sonoma

tf_logic_lesbian
aa
May 12, 2020
Sonoma updated Candyland with a new update entry:

Ballonicorn Animated!

+added proper collisions to cart checkpoint props to prevent demomen from hiding stickybombs inside them
|cart now has more accurate collision box and is now easier to constistantly jump on top of

|fixed clipping errors
|detailing adjustments to use new assets
|visual updates to Stage C CP3
|Mayor Ballonicorn is now animated
|optimizations
|file size optimizations
|updated some existing...

Read the rest of this update entry...