Bot Engineer instantly destroying their own sentry after placing it

DrengUP™

L1: Registered
Mar 17, 2018
Hello.
So, i'm making a simple KOTH map and i'm testing with bots.

The bots works great... Except for the Engineers, they can only build a teleporter entrance and when they try to build a Sentry, they instantly destroys it and run to the point or to a ammo pack. I already used bot_hint entities, editing the navmesh with "tf_mark SENTRY_SPOT" command and using the func_tfbot_hint but they keep placing and instantly destroying their own sentries. Any idea how to fix this?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
A buggy feature of the engie bot AI, since Jungle Inferno. Engies will destroy their sentry guns when they're not near the currently contested CP. This is meant to ensure engie bots on an attacking team move up with their team and don't hang around on an old point being useless (if you've ever played a long Payload map pre-Inferno, you'd notice this frequently). Unfortunately, sometimes engie bots still try to build at a spot that doesn't fulfill this criteria, so they'll destroy their sentry immediately after placing it. Make sure your sentry spots are watching the point, or just delete your sentry spots and let the engies choose their own.

Important side note about bots: Bots are dumb and unrealistic at reproducing human behavior. Maps designed around bot gameplay likely won't play well with humans. The only thing bots are reliable for is testing gamemode logic. If you wanna get your map tested with humans, submit your map to an IMP using the bot in our Discord server.

DrengUP™

L1: Registered
Mar 17, 2018
A buggy feature of the engie bot AI, since Jungle Inferno. Engies will destroy their sentry guns when they're not near the currently contested CP. This is meant to ensure engie bots on an attacking team move up with their team and don't hang around on an old point being useless (if you've ever played a long Payload map pre-Inferno, you'd notice this frequently). Unfortunately, sometimes engie bots still try to build at a spot that doesn't fulfill this criteria, so they'll destroy their sentry immediately after placing it. Make sure your sentry spots are watching the point, or just delete your sentry spots and let the engies choose their own.

Important side note about bots: Bots are dumb and unrealistic at reproducing human behavior. Maps designed around bot gameplay likely won't play well with humans. The only thing bots are reliable for is testing gamemode logic. If you wanna get your map tested with humans, submit your map to an IMP using the bot in our Discord server.
Oh ok, i didn't know about that. Anyway, thank you!