Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 35yrs and over

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

I'm 21, and here I thought I was prematurely jaded...

It's Trotim. He's a hate singularity where everything fun goes to die.

Not a mapper myself, so I didn't vote in the poll, but 28.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
It's Trotim. He's a hate singularity where everything fun goes to die.

Again, I like a lot of things and really loved TF2 as well. I just dislike it so much now because it's by far the most extreme example of constant updates and Skinner boxing gone very, very wrong. And off the top of my head I can't even think of another game that went nearly as downhill, WoW maybe but I never played that. Series don't count because at least the older titles still exist there.
You won't see me talking about much else on TF2 forums because they're forums about TF2.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Again, I like a lot of things and really loved TF2 as well. I just dislike it so much now because it's by far the most extreme example of constant updates and Skinner boxing gone very, very wrong. And off the top of my head I can't even think of another game that went nearly as downhill, WoW maybe but I never played that. Series don't count because at least the older titles still exist there.
You won't see me talking about much else on TF2 forums because they're forums about TF2.

No offense or anything, but why are you still on TF2Maps then?

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
You have to a be hilariously stupid to even begin to get Tro the least bit angry.

just so you know :]

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
I'm 13, and you guys are surprisingly not-old.
Well I certainly wasn't expecting a 13 year old to be here.

Then again, that was the age I really got into all this 'forum' stuff.

Mar 23, 2010
I've been rappin' for about 17 years.

[O]

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
In hindsight maybe i should have split the 19 and under category.

To be honest I'm totally surprised by the ages. I expected everyone to be younger than me, but I was thinking early 20's at the youngest!

I'm more than double the ages of some people in here, but only half as talented.

Seriously, bravo. Good for you all getting started early.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
You have to a be hilariously stupid to even begin to get Tro the least bit angry.

just so you know :]

BRTky.jpg

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
I'm 17, and I started with this community when I was... 13 or 14. What. I swear we've stepped into a time warp or something, because there's no way it's been that long. Anyway, I used to be more serious about mapping but I don't really touch SDK now except for every once in a while, and I've never released anything besides a fail CTF map for the comp CTF contest, and even then it was only 3 or 4 alphas... I suck. BUT! I've gained a lot of insight from hanging with peeps in the Steam chat for 3 or 4 years and playtesting and stuff, and I've learned Hammer pretty well, so I wonder what's stopping me from mapping all the way? OK, I will do this contest. No doubt in my mind.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
It's not really starting early. Or rather you have to start as early as this if you want to have the slightest chance of getting anywhere in game development because studying it is still useless and you want to have a source of income by the time you get ~20. Now you can get a different degree or job and just do game dev as a hobby but that slows your progress down a lot so it's important to get as much experience while you still can, especially since modding and mapping and modeling etc. all take many hours of focused work that can be hard to split up.

No offense or anything, but why are you still on TF2Maps then?

There's still a handful decent mappers I'd like to keep tabs on and a handful people in the community to talk to. I said I won't talk about much else, not I won't ever talk about anything else.

Sep 1, 2009
24 for me! :)

Mapping on hammer since my 17 on Hl an Cs1.6.

So we all now know to be successful you need to map for a few YEARS who knew XD