a packing problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by basilhs333, Aug 27, 2016.

1. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    hey guys!
    well a lot of times when i compile witht the vide it doesnt work completely and still everyone gets errors and missing textures.
    i would be thankfull if you told if what to do so i can fix it.

(i open vide select the map , scan , select tf, scan , auto , apply , save, exit

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    If you store your custom content literary anywhere else other than tf/materials or tf/models or whatever else in tf/ VIDE will crap the bed.

Use CompilePal. It just works.

• Respectfully Disagree Respectfully Disagree x 1
  3. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    if i go to download it it says it has virus.
    could you give me a link just in case i download it from a wrong site or something?
    i would be greatful

4. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    If you've stored them in tf/custom, you'll just need to specify that folder in VIDE. Go to this guide and scroll down to the 'Manually Packing Files' section to learn how to do that.

5. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    a couple of people have reported false positives from their antivirus on compilepal. It is a relatively unknown program so I suppose they flag it as a "better safe than sorry" kind of measure but we don't really know why it's happening. The preferred download is directly from github https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/releases/download/v023/Compile.Pal.023.zip
    The source code is available so people can have a look but there's nothing really fishy in there. if you don't trust the exe, you always have the option to compile your own from the source but that's not super straight forward.

6. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    when i open the compile pal you gave me it closes you know it stops working

Tags: