"I'd love to join you down there, mortals, but I have a heart condition and the rules are clearly posted. I'm with you, it's ridiculous. Write your congressman!"
This is "medieval" mission with no server side plugins/modifications installed. Bots suffer no damage from ranged weapons unless (!) :
- It's small list of specific weapons (list included in .zip and in this post)
- It's a mini-crit/full crit damage
- Custom Icons (oy-vey)
- Random bots, all medievalized!
- And obligatory shenanigans your team can't pull off.
Estimated difficulty: Advanced-Expert+, depends on wave/team
Classes to avoid:
- Pyro, focus - airblast : Next to a neccessity, no single test managed to beat last waves without that.
- Sniper : Recommended, not Sydney Sleeper or Bow, Explosive Headshots are your best friend.
- Medic : Optional, if you can manage to ubersaw-kritz 24/7 you're dumping down difficulty a lot due to unlocking all ranged weaponry for your team.
- Demoknight : Optional, can mostly solo deal with all the small robots on the field except most annoying/tiresome
- Scout : No matter how good your mini-crit mark is and how good milk is, it's just not worth it when your team already lacks damage
- Engineer : Unless you get some form of minicrits 24/7 - you're useless and even then, going some melee focused class is plain better.
- Speeder bots tend to not use banner and keep switching from melee to Concheror, being useless. (Expect fix after Jam, maybe for showcase)
- Steak Tanks sometimes dispense their Buffalo Steaks, healing players (Cannot be fixed, r: Heavy AI)List of found weapons that do ranged damage without crits:
Any weapon that is melee and/or recieves crits of any form is also capable of dealing damage
- Righteous Bison
- Alt-Fire of Short Circuit
- Medic Shield
- Explosive headshots
- Milk Syringes upgrade applies milk even if no damage was done
- Sentries do count up assists even if they did no damage.zip contains :Entire album on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/D8jvb
- Population files (mvm_mapname_gmt.pop) and 2 generic files that meant to work with most custom maps.
- Base robot files (robot_gmt.pop/robot_gmt_bot.pop). They are REQUIRED for mission to run on any map.
- Custom icons (leaderboard_class_*.vmt/vmf). Include them in your resource download file for server owners.
** Everything explained more clearly in README file **
Plans till end of 72hr: Done and dusted.
Special thanks to:
Valve, IG Icon pack creators : creating base material for icons.
Surny - providing only possible support in form of providing server. Without testing, this would be WAY.. WAY worse.
P.S. It's GMT. Like, Greenwich Mean/Meridian Time. But it's not.
72hr General Medieval Tie v1
Medieval MvM mission/concept without sv_medieval 0