The Mayann Project

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014
I found out about a Mayan game called Pok-a-Tok while looking for references. And thought Pok-a-Tok's ring would be an idea for a PASS Time goal.
a789cd75695ca4fd72166f49d447af5d.jpg
Also the hats that those guys wear might be perfect for TF2.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Ususual FX will I think be good if they're original, not some Mayan statue flying near character's head.

Jekyllson

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2015
I'm a huge fan of PASS Time, and I would love to see a PASS Time map for this project! As it stands, Pinewood is the only legitimately well-designed PASS Time map: it avoids many of the problems that Warehouse had by preventing sentry camping by using a dynamic system of goals, using verticality to encourage passing, and having all sections of the map fun to play on as any class by having an excellent midfield as well as large team sides with plenty of cover and multiple routes. If someone makes a Mayan-themed PASS Time map with gameplay as strong as that of Pinewood, then that person will get all my map stamps ;)

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I found out about a Mayan game called Pok-a-Tok while looking for references. And thought Pok-a-Tok's ring would be an idea for a PASS Time goal.
a789cd75695ca4fd72166f49d447af5d.jpg

HUaU0No.png

I was actually part inspired by this and also inspired by a less relevant banjo tooie minigame. Awesome sketch, too! I'll definitely implement some sort of hoop like that for a second capture zone.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Just from the cinema, new The Jungle Book is awesome. And I think I have some ideas for my new payload map.

Final point maybe?
w2cl4fm.jpg

VUrhMKj.jpg

HuyPzAi.png

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Gonna assume from those elephant statues that that is Not Mayan and in fact on the opposite side of the world in India.

:T

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Ofc but the architecture is pretty different.

It's probably a much better idea to base mayan buildings off actual mayan buildings.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Ofc but the architecture is pretty different.

It's probably a much better idea to base mayan buildings off actual mayan buildings.

Okay, then I lay it to other times. (for some other map) :)

Last edited:

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
personally I'm not even focusing on making anything look mayan(n) right now anyway since I need a good map first.

If you are curious, this is one of the capture zones in my PASS time map-

DMjGzIk.jpg

Only been able to work on it for maybe 9 hours, but I like where it is going

LadyRaee

CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL
Sep 1, 2012

DMjGzIk.jpg

I like it too. Be sure to put a lot of cool jump pads (with ability to make chain jumps, boosted long distance passes and nump pad rocket jumps :D). And throw your map at us to test it

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I like it too. Be sure to put a lot of cool jump pads (with ability to make chain jumps, boosted long distance passes and nump pad rocket jumps :D). And throw your map at us to test it

Don't worry, it should be testable by monday, but it may take longer than expected. I've got big plans!! Also, I've been thinking about jump pads, and one of the more interesting ways I've thought of implementing them is by using rapid water running between bricks. I also plan on making the map large, but I may need help for that.

Jekyllson

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2015
personally I'm not even focusing on making anything look mayan(n) right now anyway since I need a good map first.

DMjGzIk.jpg

I like it! And I agree, make strong gameplay before making it look Mayan.