Workshop Denial

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Punished Lawbringer

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2017
Now I'm new to the whole TF2 Mapping thing and I recently made my very first OFFICIAL map. It isn't perfect but I'll keep working on it after all the other scraps I had.

However recently, the offical Steam workshop was denying my map with this error:

"Failed to publish! Please check if there isn't another file with the same name."

I'd post it here but I'd like to first get it on the workshop. My file is also the only file of it's kind, there isn't another file with a similar name. Anybody know what's going on here?

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Probably detected that you were trying to upload My First Map™ and was trying to spare you the embarrassment. ;)

Punished Lawbringer

Jul 14, 2017
Probably detected that you were trying to upload My First Map™ and was trying to spare you the embarrassment. ;)
I have you know I put effort into it. I am deeply offended, I demand a cup of orange juice.

But anyway, it has a name different from anything else and isn't named "First_map". Also seriously, I really want to publish it and I cannot do anything about it without getting around the error.

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
Generally speaking, it's best to hold off putting an unfinished map onto the workshop to minimize backlash from the community and prevent even more unfinished maps to be floating around in workshop limbo.
You've already made an account here, so you're probably better off posting the map here anyway.

Punished Lawbringer

Jul 14, 2017
Generally speaking, it's best to hold off putting an unfinished map onto the workshop to minimize backlash from the community and prevent even more unfinished maps to be floating around in workshop limbo.
You've already made an account here, so you're probably better off posting the map here anyway.
Guess you're right, it definitely isn't polished. Guess I'll stick it here for now and update it, maybe I'll upload it to the workshop later and hopefully it fixes itself and actually uploads.