[WIP] Pinch Bomb Cart Model

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
This looks pretty awesome. I'm not sure about the front.. it's very bland. one or two horizontal poles instead of that metal sheet would probably look nicer, imo. If you know what i mean?

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
This looks pretty awesome. I'm not sure about the front.. it's very bland. one or two horizontal poles instead of that metal sheet would probably look nicer, imo. If you know what i mean?

Or an embossed symbol of some sort, like a lightning bolt? I agree though, it's a bit bland on the front. Otherwise it looks incredible.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Or an embossed symbol of some sort, like a lightning bolt? I agree though, it's a bit bland on the front. Otherwise it looks incredible.

Add a TF2Maps.net sign to the front >.<

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Yeah, badass model, definitely needs an additional visual element in the front though...

Cerulean

L3: Member
Sep 12, 2008
Here's what I got so far

The metal is a little dark with my cloudy skybox... can't really see the detail

cerel20016.jpg

cerel20015.jpg

Last edited:

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
For the love of god make it all metal, a thing like this shouldn't have a single piece of wood in it! It looks really cool already!

Dan2025

L2: Junior Member
Aug 29, 2008
Seems like it will be the perfect thing for indoor maps with that whole 'scientific' feel to them. I always thought that the normal cart would stick out in maps with a theme like that of Turbine.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
yea. it would go right along with the spytech part of maps.

Cerulean

Sep 12, 2008
kkkkkk

Thanks for more feedback.

@Notoorjus
I will brighten the cart overall (just need to check how much of the darkness was affected by my overcast map settings)
The supports will be brighter than the rest of the cart, but not marble-y like the rails.
And the ? is a suggestion for extruding out that side of the bomb? Looks kinda tf2-ish... we'll see.

@Sniper
IT WILL BE METAL geeeez. I was just posting the part of the cart that I had changed... now I gotta figure out how to put all the modified UV into one map. Stamps...

@grazr
Its just... I don't know... the pole doesn't seem to fit. But, maybe. And yeah, there will be an antenna (not on the front though). The front will probably just have some kind of warning sign.

@AWESOME-O
Still deciding on a quote

nfreader

L1: Registered
Sep 30, 2008
Maybe the antenna can be like the one from the top of the engineer's build tool (4). And as a signal that the cart is moving, it could be radiating blue circles (like radio antennas from old cartoons).

Just my two cents.

Cerulean

Sep 12, 2008
small update, still changin stuff

cerel20017.jpg

and added back the little steps on each side

pinch018.jpg

Last edited:

tenaciousg

Jan 8, 2008
hey cerulean, looking good man i took your image and edited in 1 thing, i'm glad you took my idea of the glass surrounding the inner bit and it looks awesome!
5f185v.jpg

notes:
about the fragile part the bomb looks too fragile to me, if it were dropped straight down it would buckle and break the glass. the digital timer bit im sure people have already stated they would love to see a timer on it and a digital timer would look perfect with this bomb, preferably on the front of it. i would imagine a rectangle shaped built in timer.

these are things you can try and see how it looks, scrap it if it doesn't work out. :)

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
It would be great if someone could come up with sounds for this as well. Would need at least a power up sound (warble-warble-warble), and then a discharge sound. I'm thinking about using this model in my payload map (I have a great end scene in mind with it, heh), and the sound would make it that much better.

Cerulean

Sep 12, 2008
Added radar, some wires, and possible decal instead of quote? Radar rotates from side to side.

And there will be sound. And a bit more support for the bomb... maybe a detonator type device, then I think that should be all.

hl22008-10-0423-29-59-98.jpg

hl22008-10-0423-26-29-23.jpg

hl22008-10-0423-27-27-91.jpg

This shows the decal better, might brighten it a little, and change the face pose (if I keep it):

XSI2008-10-0419-35-29-23.jpg

Last edited:

Wigs

Sep 13, 2008
honestly i'd take the face out. kinda pulls you too far out of it. but over all really cool work i'm impressed. maybe instead of the face put a big rectangular digital timer w/ red numbers or something...that might be alot of work i have no idea