[WIP] Pinch Bomb Cart Model

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I'd rather it had no dispenser. Or had one underneath. Or even one on the side.

(Do you know how ugly it looks with 2 dispensers?)

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
This would be PERFECT for waste, but it requires one thing. The final explosion MUST be a custom series of particles (and the effects can probably be found in Hammer already) of sparks flying everything, and all lighting turning off. I don't know what is required for all that, but it would be epic, and perfectly suited for the maps setting!

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
visual mock-up of cart

pl_waste_cartconcept.jpg

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
If it's too much trouble, I could do without any dispensers. This cart is perfect as it is now.

As for the glass tube, keep it green :)

I just hope you can find the files :unsure:

Cerulean

L3: Member
Sep 12, 2008
I fail... for some reason, I thought I'd get emailed per new response to this thread, so I only thought there were a couple since my last post. A month has gone by... sigh.

Everything else stops now. I'll just say, I want to get this up for download by fri/sat.

Anyways, to respond to some:

I didn't want to release this without custom particle effects, but that's one thing that turned me off from this project: custom particles weren't supported (at the time). I'm not sure if that has changed since (anyone know?).

From what I remember, I think I didn't change much of the cart material, so I could use most of the one you already had from the original cart (smaller file size). Forget that now. I'll take a look at different color schemes, and dispenser locations. Then I'll fix up most of the model and upload some kind of working version; hopefully by this weekend. I might give the xsi files to someone upon request.

;)

And finding the files shouldn't be hard, if they still exist. May I suggest a cool, free app? Everything Search (finds files insanely fast on ntfs partitions):
http://www.voidtools.com

Last edited:

Cerulean

Sep 12, 2008
In action video:

Added shadows to the cart interior custom textures.
Aligned UV's to the custom textures.
Animated radar (broke earlier).
Made example map with sounds & effects.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1U6eqkDK2I"]YouTube - TF2 Bombcart model in action[/ame]

(click play, click HQ)

Still thinking of how to animate when it reaches the final point, since custom particles are unavailable. Also making many other misc changes, but I will release this version sometime soon.

Last edited:

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
Cerulean, if I end up making a payload map, I will be sure to use that model (if that's fine with you). It looks awesome and is a perfect fit for spytech

Cerulean

Sep 12, 2008
I still wonder what this is, but maybe it could help you...
Particle Editing Tool, that is.

Oh is it finally working in-game again?

Even if it is... there was a problem with having to use the particles manifest file to use any custom effects. That won't work unless something has changed... I don't really know, haven't been around for a while.