WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
sign_kalinka_002a.png sign_kalinka_002b.png

Decided to design "completely" new team posters instead. Feedback welcome!
I think the text on the red dynamite should not touch the edge, and the blu text shouldn't overlap the tools. Other than that, they look quite official.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also the font for KPC is pretty uggo for a company logo. I don't know if the text on the RED logo was handmade, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And not to rain out your entire parade, but why would you try to localize RED and BLU into a language where the acronym doesn't even translate?

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
why would you try to localize RED and BLU into a language where the acronym doesn't even translate?

Haven't you heard? Rainbows in Russia are made of entirely different colors. Instead of red and blue you have labor and tears. It's why Putin is more afraid of homosexuals than other world leaders; their pride flags are HORRIFYING! You should look it up.

But really, I think they are fine. I like the style they are in and it's refreshing to see something other than "RED" and "BLU". I do think however that the blu one should just have one big tool in the background like the original instead of 2 crossing ones, similar to how the red logo has a single dynamite replacing a single bomb.

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
Just going to post some screenshots of my brand new, super duper payload map. Why? Why not.

pl_tungsten_a1_110001.jpg
pl_tungsten_a1_110002.jpg
pl_tungsten_a1_110003.jpg
pl_tungsten_a1_110004.jpg
pl_tungsten_a1_110005.jpg
pl_tungsten_a1_110006.jpg
pl_tungsten_a1_110007.jpg

Their not up to date and I'm still working on the fourth point. By which I mean I'm out of ideas and inspiration and in danger of making an arena map for no good reason.

And no, the cart's not backwards, it just need the proper care and support.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
Also the font for KPC is pretty uggo for a company logo. I don't know if the text on the RED logo was handmade, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And not to rain out your entire parade, but why would you try to localize RED and BLU into a language where the acronym doesn't even translate?

The translations I am using are the ones ingame (or in wiki at least). And yeah the red logo font was hand made, gotta check if I can find a more suitable one, KPC is a hard combination to fit with the same style the original red logo had.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
Haven't you heard? Rainbows in Russia are made of entirely different colors. Instead of red and blue you have labor and tears. It's why Putin is more afraid of homosexuals than other world leaders; their pride flags are HORRIFYING! You should look it up.

But really, I think they are fine. I like the style they are in and it's refreshing to see something other than "RED" and "BLU". I do think however that the blu one should just have one big tool in the background like the original instead of 2 crossing ones, similar to how the red logo has a single dynamite replacing a single bomb.

I could not really decide on what tool to use, a single railway wrench did not look good, and a single hammer does not represent BLU enough imo. I based my logo on an old soviet railway workers pin I found.

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
i feel as if getting through that hell is really reliant on the healthkits being there, and if someone else has taken a bunch you are likely dead. 10 damage per second is quite alot, id say probably lower it to 6/4 so people can get through hell easier.
It does not have to be easy since it rewards you

nitewalker

L2: Junior Member
Aug 5, 2014
every one of void's posts in this thread for the last few pages have made my heart flutter. that is, pure and simple, gorgeous mapping

Benoist3012

L3: Member
Dec 25, 2015
Hi guys, I'm here to tell you that I won't finish pl_upward_event I'm running out of time, I have to finish the Halloween event I made on a group, so I won't be able to finish the map before the deadline. Unless someone helps me to do the underworld, I think I'll release it next year.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Unless someone helps me to do the underworld, I think I'll release it next year.
Its better to delay the map by 1 year and improve it massively in the meantime then to rush a map. You might initialy think the map looks good, but in 3 months you will notice all mistakes you made. So taking the safe side is better on this.