WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
My first commisioned project. If i have to make an achievement map, i might as well make it not terrible.

42D6C42E75BA61A8EEF31F03A16732214AB820B5

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
I would highly suggest the lighting compile options before using an info_lighting.

The info_lighting worked the best, along with the -StaticPropPolys which is giving me a better, lighter feel of color and better shading.

Mar 23, 2013
The info_lighting worked the best, along with the -StaticPropPolys which is giving me a better, lighter feel of color and better shading.

info_lighting is disabled when using -StaticPropPolys as it was said in Dïcecübe's post. So you don't need to care about info_lights anymore. -StaticPropPoly ftw

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
It's still enabled on things with normal maps though. Which is things like the upward rocks which are the worst offenders for broken lighting origins, sadly.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Ok, here's an interesting question. Would you say the most effective way of splitting visleafs with hint brushes would be to put them into the shape of triangles?

D

Digaag Wa Riz

Crappy image but here is something I've been tinkering with but have no idea how to implement:
CXmyjP7.jpg

And a video of it in action.

Oh and the download link for the prefab.

My original idea was to have that big trigger brush kill BLU players within its volume, while they scrounge around it trying to pick up a flag (that's why the flag's there in the video). The gimmick was that RED operates the crane while BLU tries to seize control of it in order to move it away from the flag so BLU can pick it up safely. And then they hold it for about 15 seconds straight to win. So whatever you can do with a trigger brush you can do with this prefab.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
How does this look to you guys? Cause I've been having a slightly hard time getting this area to light up and look natural, and this was the best I could come up with. :S

DJxHKl6.jpg