WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You could use info_landmarks to have players in a spawn room that appears identical to the interior of the sub, and then teleport them to the actual sub after it has finished breaching but before the door opens.
And use a subtle env_shake to make it feel like the sub is surfacing just before they teleport. I like this idea!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Everything now has enough detail for me to be satisfied. A few bits are just textures and beams with nothing else, but they don't look horrendously neglected.
Now my attention turns to sealing, clipping, lighting, all that extra jazz. Once that's done I'll get some humans in it then come back to detailing
32o.JPG

Oct 6, 2008
just wondering what the blue things are on your tracks and isn't that a long straight track re snipers

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
just wondering what the blue things are on your tracks and isn't that a long straight track re snipers

I think the blue things are skip brushes - they help him keep the path_track entities at an appropriate height above the ground to avoid clipping and help him keep the train centered in the tracks.

Oct 6, 2008
Yes tell us how you did it - I would like to see if I can do a sundown or change map from day to night

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
That's really cool, would be fun in multi-stage maps.

don't know about the light, but the skybox can be done with any kind of parentable func_ entity.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
And i discovered a major problem with the outer edge... its too steep to simply walk on and you need to jump. It brings the angle from 45 to 90 because i used subdivide for it. I need to change the way it creates the edge using connecting displacements to give it some control.

And that takes at least 1 hour to figure out and 1 hour to try to fix it and get ideas.

Anoying moments when creating something nice.