WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
You have blue enviromental lighting, which isn't bad. So your torches are also extremely bright and yellow.

stand-back.jpg

##WARNING SCIENCE CONTENT##​
... Also, to get the color you want at the primary wavelength of yellow ~580nm you would need a torch somewhere around the temperature of 5000k. (Comparatively, the effect temperature of the sun is 5700k). Torch light peak past yellow (about 3000nm, according to my quick n' dirty calculations), so, the visible light is basically white. Color comes from the chemical you are burning.... I don't know why I did that all. I think it has something to do with me procrastinating my biology homework.

tl;dr: Torch light actually is white and peaks in the infrared.

EDIT: Dear god, that fog is too thick for that environment.
EDIT2: I'm tired and I think I screwed up the science, but the general gist of what I want to say is there.

Last edited:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
That is some damn fine texturing.

I was going to say something about the lack of decay on the brighter yellow segment, but I figure that's just because you haven't gotten that far correct?

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I might get to putting more decay on that bottom segment, but I probably will. Scene lighting is a little too dark atm too.

Here's something I just did for fun.

Sphere.jpg

T

The Asylum

You really need to work on HL3, Rexy.

But that would mean that it would get done eventually

With Duke Nukem Forever and Chinese Democracy already released, what else will we have left to make fun of for endless development cycles?

Sep 1, 2009
Does this mean Rexy is the Lord of space ?