WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

AgeNt_

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 12, 2009
cp_alborn_township_a60003.jpg

changed the lighting a bit to make it a bit cooler and changed the skybox to include some subtle blue sky into it

*EDIT* i forgot to turn the sun to fit the skybox, its facing the exact opposite way now. hmmm doesnt look real good now

Last edited:

r3dn4x3l4

L1: Registered
Dec 23, 2010
Pretty new to posting here and this is one of the first maps I've made that is close to being finished.
Its still a w.i.p because it need to get it play tested more at some point as well as possible optimized.
Its a King Of The Hill map set in an abandoned asylum

koth_asylum_teaser_1_by_r3dn4x3l4-d4g5pxk.jpg

koth_asylum_teaser_2_by_r3dn4x3l4-d4g5q17.jpg

let me know what you think, i have more screen shots which i can post or link if people are interested

edit: not sure why the other pictures seem to flux between working and not working, think its a steam thing

Last edited:

r3dn4x3l4

Dec 23, 2010
2011_11_12_00006_by_r3dn4x3l4-d4hdhij.jpg

2011_11_12_00009_by_r3dn4x3l4-d4hdhj5.jpg

here are the other two, interior shots of the mid area between the cp and spawn for both red and blu

sorry about the image problem, think its a steam thing

r3dn4x3l4

Dec 23, 2010
That mid looks interesting, but the red area is a very long sightline.

Perhaps put a wall with a door so that you can break that area up into 2 areas and break the sightline?

(And, that is a LOT of red textures, perhaps add some of the whiteish/gray concrete)

interesting idea, the mid picture are the literal outside spawn area for both red and blu respectively.
the red side does have alot of red textures and at the moment i not sure which textures will look best and fit as it were, i'll have to experiment with the texturing, thanks for the feedback btw

Sep 1, 2009
r3dn4x3l4 what is that stretched looking thing in the last screenshot [bottom right]?

Sep 1, 2009
That squared wooden planking around the crane just doesn't fit to me ..... feels like its floating there...
Maybe add some small attachments to the crane?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
How do you mean? If you take a closer look the metal poles of the frame are actually intersecting the inner wooden frame of the catwalk and appear bolted in place.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009

That web placement is jarring. A web in that spot wouldn't form like that on the wood; it'd be in the gaps of the mesh, so it looks weird. It jumped out at me as I was scrolling past pictures.

Otherwise, stuff is looking pretty spiffy.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I still hate the second to last point but that's just my opinion and you should ignore it. Did you compile with -staticproplighting? The conpack crane looks very oddly lit.

r3dn4x3l4

Dec 23, 2010
r3dn4x3l4 what is that stretched looking thing in the last screenshot [bottom right]?

not really sure what you're referring to but its probably part of the stairs that leads up to the second floor

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I still hate the second to last point but that's just my opinion and you should ignore it. Did you compile with -staticproplighting? The conpack crane looks very oddly lit.

Well it's not entirely my choice since the map is essentially a port and i especially need to keep the CP's relatively similar to the original map design. It certainly wouldn't be my personal choice but i'm trying my best to compromise during the conversion.

Also the crane's lighting is fixed in my current version.

That web placement is jarring. A web in that spot wouldn't form like that on the wood; it'd be in the gaps of the mesh, so it looks weird. It jumped out at me as I was scrolling past pictures.

Otherwise, stuff is looking pretty spiffy.

Yes and no, i know what you're saying as i've seen that kind of things in parks but i've also seen 5x5ft spiderwebs off a frame, inches away from a brick wall. I really wanna tell the spider he'll not have much luck even if he has a massive web but spiders are kinda dumb like that.

Sep 1, 2009