[WIP] Contest map: cp_bloodstained

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Well, dur! Never mind, I found em.

I know, I know, seek and ye shall find.

BTW, you care if I put your map on our clan server? We're always looking for good stuff to try out.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well, dur! Never mind, I found em.

I know, I know, seek and ye shall find.

BTW, you care if I put your map on our clan server? We're always looking for good stuff to try out.

lol classic

and in one week (roughly) It'l go beta and then everyone can have it on their servers :D

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Havn't got a chance to play-test it yet, but after a solo run-through it looks pretty good.

It'll take a little bit to convert the screenshots I took, but a few things I noticed:

-Lighting issues with control point "pads", CP signs, and the demoman's bottle. They seem to look almost solid-white.

-Broken texture on the ceiling of Red's spawn "waiting room" for the second level. It showed up for a second, flickered, and went straight black.

There's also still a bunch of the blue dev-textures, but I'm guessing those will be fixed in later versions.

I'll be uploading it to my server later in the day to see how it plays.

EDIT: Okay, here's the screenshots.
CP's:

http://bggaming.org/tf2/bloodstained01.jpg

Lighting here on these looks odd, due to the lack of a source for the light.

http://bggaming.org/tf2/bloodstained02.jpg

Broken ceiling texture:

[http://bggaming.org/tf2/bloodstained03.jpg

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah I messed the cubemaps up somehow last minute, thats the first problem
Second is: there is no light source because pretty much all lighting is not finalised.
Third is a model texture I seem to have used by mistake.

Edit: map running 24/7 ( I think) on here - 84.45.84.166:27015

Last edited:

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Oh, and before I forget, the "invisible wall" behind Red's first spawn. Any chance of getting some sort of barricade up there? It feels weird, it's one of those spaces where it *looks* like you can walk out there, but you can't. Throws you off. Maybe a short wall with a "land mines" warning on it, and a bunch of glowing red dots in the field?

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
yeah I forgot about that, I'll add that in, it was already on my todo list

MacNetron

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
What can be more fun than "noclipping" with the author himself in the skybox?

cp_bloodstained_b10001.jpg

BTW: Good name for point 3 might be waterpump or drainage.
Hiding points for spies will come when you finish the map by adding stuff like barrels and tweak the lighting. It is a bit to open and light for them now.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
This is the last time thats happeing for sure :p
Glad you like it and I'll be sure to add spy hiding places and whatnot
(lighting is all temporary at the moment)

Ace

L3: Member
Feb 15, 2008
Played it today, very nice map :)

One annoying thing did happen to me though, there is a low wall by one of the control points, (I think it is the last one on the first stage).
I got stuck between it and the cliff wall, and had to kill myself, so maybe the wall needs to be slightly shorter or some player clips need to be added round it somehow.

MacNetron

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
This is why I made remarks about things being purple:

cp_bloodstained_b10002.jpg

and personal favorite:

cp_bloodstained_b10004.jpg

BUT, after finding out I appeared to be the only one, I closed TF2, restarted and rejoined and everything was fine again.
As usual, I had loads of fun with you guys on this map.

I think the purple-issue has something to do with alt-tabbing/minimizing and restoring tf2...

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
I noticed when users alt + tab that happens to custom textures and cubemaps... as well as the wireframe thing. Valve are pro coderz.