[WIP] Contest map: cp_bloodstained

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
On small games on Area2-Capture2 a demoman can stickybomb the defenders spawn, walling you in.

If thay can get into that position then they have practically captured your last control point, you should have played harder :p

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
UPDATED

Changes for _b3 - 04/03/08:-

-Added extra raised area in the third round to aid defence of the first point
-Replaced all developer textures with proper ones.
-Slight timing tweaks
-Fixed yet more displacement missalignes
-Adjusted the lightmap scales all over the place for optimisation and looks
-Clipped off several areas
-Added a nobuild brush to prevent smart ass engies being too good
-Added a clip brush to aid engies
-Added details in lots of places, lighting, textural and brushwork details
-Added soundscapes
-Misc and improvements all over

Download

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Just finished something that will appear in B4, which will probably be the last beta version before final btw (contest ends in less than a month now)
What the problem was: On winning the final round, the attacking team would recieve two points, so if the attackers won, then as defenders they won again they would have won two rounds but have 3 points, thus ending the match. However this means that sometimes the game would be finished prematurely (did anyone else even notice this? its been bugging me since I realised about a month ago)
Well I fixed it now, took a complete rebuild of the game entity system and control points but it should work now.

There isa barrel near the first point in round 1 (opposite some ammo near a door), has anyone ever tried to put a sentery there? Do you think its a good place? Have you managed it since _b3 now that it is poisible (just)

Also there are three barrels next to a wall at the second CP in round 2, does anyone have any major complaints about not being able to build on top of this now?

First capture point, final round, still capping too quick? Even with that raised area for another hidden SG?

Has anyone ever sucessfully defended CP 1 in round 2? I'm not sure I have, I've seen some pretty powerfull defences but I dont think I've ever seen any team defend it untill the time runs out.

Any other problems/good things/suggestions/comments/bugs/stories of epic battles/elephants?

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
We never made it to the final round today. Successfully defended the 2nd round and then changed to the next map after a team swap and winning the first round.

Just a couple of things:

Round 1
Your attacking message is too long to fit in the box :-/

Round 2
The water in the sewer area isn't high enough to put out pyro fire, which made me sad a couple of times.

It was pretty easy as a defender to camp the spawn. I racked up quite a few kills with just myself and a medic standing outside of the doors.

No one ever made it past the final capture of round 2, and all we had defending was 1 engy. The way the everything is positioned, that engy can cover all entrances except for one coming out of the back of the house. This engy just had his SG to the left of the stairs (while looking towards where the attackers are coming from). That was actually voiced a couple of times (saddly, alltalk was not on). Or, you could have 3 pyros block every door, heh.

Dec 25, 2007
The cap point in this pic is a little too high -- I came round the back of the building up alongside the point (as a defending medic), and was trying to get onto it. I couldn't walk onto it, and somehow I got stuck between the displacements and the end of the little brick wall.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
you mean the platform is just too high to walk on from the displacement without jumping?
if thats what you mean, thanks, I'll address that now, if not, please clarify
:)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
riker1rd8.jpg

None of you guys get it do you.

Thread is for discussion.

Gameday is for playing the game.

Two separate things that should be kept separate.

Do any of you honestly thing you can be playing the map to its full potential whilst half of one team are avidly discussing some tunnel....... its just a tunnel, now get over it and capture the bloody points like you're supposed to be doing!

Rotab

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2008
riker1rd8.jpg

None of you guys get it do you.

Thread is for discussion.

Gameday is for playing the game.

Two separate things that should be kept separate.

Do any of you honestly thing you can be playing the map to its full potential whilst half of one team are avidly discussing some tunnel....... its just a tunnel, now get over it and capture the bloody points like you're supposed to be doing!

You were just an asshole.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I missed the part where you justified your arguement. So wanting some quality testing out of a testing event makes you an asshole?

What a great introduction to the forum you've had, pissing off a prominant member

In future: don't quote the post before yours... its only a few pixels above your post anyway, if we want to see what you are talking about we can just scroll up. Only quote if you are referencing a specific part of a previous message or the post you are referencing is several posts behind your own.

Rotab

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2008
I missed the part where you justified your arguement. So wanting some quality testing out of a testing event makes you an asshole?

What a great introduction to the forum you've had, pissing off a prominant member

In future: don't quote the post before yours... its only a few pixels above your post anyway, if we want to see what you are talking about we can just scroll up. Only quote if you are referencing a specific part of a previous message or the post you are referencing is several posts behind your own.

riker1rd8.jpg

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Oye, both you two need to chill out. Silly to get so worked up over a forum =)

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Youme, the tunnel really needs to be 2 ways, if they build a sentry there there is nothing to do about it and it's quite lame :p
I really like that stage of the map, the 2nd stage is really hard because you bump alot in other people and the first point is capped too fast and the 2nd one almost never. That's how I see it and I think I played the map enough to mean this :D

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
its a great lookin map but imho the first cap is too easy where as the second cap is too hard. Just my opinion.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Where can I grab Beta 4? We'd like to test it out on our server.

You can't.

_b4_a was a closed test that only went out to colts playground servers so you have to actually play the map on one of those to get it. If you do, please don't put it on your server, the final release will be out in just a few days (IE before wednesday)