What skills/things annoy you the most in TF2?

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Mini-sentries. Killed. Everything.

I can't believe Valve recently buffed the Gunslinger. I mean, seriously? Why?

They removed it again. It was an accident.

I kinda liked the idea of having the cost of a dispenser reduced. Imagine if instead of reducing the minisentry cost to 100, the gunslinger made a minisentry equal 110 metal, and a dispenser 70 metal. This would encourage an engi to set up a dispenser and tele, because he can build both from full metal.

TheBestUsername

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 25, 2013
Didn't realize that was an accident, but I always thought that Valve should change the cost of the dispenser to 70 and the mini to 110. Gunslinger engies aren't team players the way they work right now; they're just straight-up area-denial offense. It would be nice if they reduced the firing speed and greatly reduced the range of the minis, as well. They should not be more effective than a level one sentry.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Didn't realize that was an accident, but I always thought that Valve should change the cost of the dispenser to 70 and the mini to 110. Gunslinger engies aren't team players the way they work right now; they're just straight-up area-denial offense. It would be nice if they reduced the firing speed and greatly reduced the range of the minis, as well. They should not be more effective than a level one sentry.

Actually they serve a great purpose to the team.

The point of the gunslinger engi is for the engi to place down his tele's, maybe a dispenser somewhere near the objective, and join the battle himself instead of sitting around repairing things. It's a fast acting sorta thing for mainly offensive purposes as well.

If your on Blu Team, on a payload map, or a cp map, chances are, you won't have enough time to build up a level 3 and still be able to be apart of the major combat area.

The best loadout I can possibly give personally with the gunslinger is:

-Gunslinger: Because you know...part of the set for a purpose...
-Widowmaker: Refills ammo for you as long as you have a good shot.
-Short Circuit: Stops oncoming projectiles long enough for your mini-sentry to get built

It's not a bad class, and I use it a lot when playing offensive engi.

TheBestUsername

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 25, 2013
If Gunslinger Engies actually did what you suggested more often, I would agree with you, but I never see Gunslinger Engies building dispensers or teleporters. I think if Valve did what Dr. Element suggested, more people would be encouraged to do what you do and be a team player.

ProselyteCanti

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2014
That is a very specific situation that I have literally never seen happen. I mean, theoretically, it could, but it would only affect you if you were at the bottom of the scoreboard anyways, meaning you either just joined or weren't playing very well. In that case, what's the big deal?

Its actually pretty common, at least for me. I'll be shooting rockets into the enemy base one minute, then I die, then I'm on the enemy having rockets shot into my base with scouts or sticky jumping demomen jumping into our base every 10 seconds to steal the intelligence for the fifth time in a row.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
What annoys me are the Soldiers who constantly bounce around the map with the Rocket Jumper, popping up to fire a single shot at an enemy to distract them before taking off again like the world's most annoying superhero. They're not contributing anything to their own team, as far as I can tell; they're just being really effective trolls.

I mentioned this to a friend and he said those people are trying to imitate something STAR_ does in his videos. Is this true? Is he a lot better at actually being useful?

ProselyteCanti

Mar 27, 2014
What annoys me are the Soldiers who constantly bounce around the map with the Rocket Jumper, popping up to fire a single shot at an enemy to distract them before taking off again like the world's most annoying superhero. They're not contributing anything to their own team, as far as I can tell; they're just being really effective trolls.

I mentioned this to a friend and he said those people are trying to imitate something STAR_ does in his videos. Is this true? Is he a lot better at actually being useful?

Only time I've ever seen that is on servers that run the goomba stomp mod. In which case its very effective. Trollish, but effective.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
It's popped up a few times on our very own servers.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rfsnake/inventory/#440_2_1600435187

I occasionaly do that during server start ups. Its ideal for melee only games.

But yes, on a normal pub its rarely usefull unless you can decently distract enemies. Specificly at groups you can make them all turn their head on you since they dont want to get mantread killed. Which gives your team a good chance to attack. It can be trollish but still is effective even without the goomba stomp mod.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
I did that when testing yesterday and got 9 crit market gardener kills in one life. No, I'm not trying to be a "superhero" or trying to imitate STAR_, I just do it for fun. When I don't get any kills and am accomplishing nothing I will switch to another class. I can see why someone who isn't good at it but is still trying really hard might upset you since they are contributing nothing to the team, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. Its a very useful weapon for countering medics and you need to practice sometime or you can never get good.

ProselyteCanti

Mar 27, 2014
Snipers in general annoy me. This is going to sound quite cliche, but it takes next to no skill. I've gotten 5-6 head shots in a row with the Bazaar Bargain, without dyeing. They're also generally the most try hard class. Especially on trade servers where you can't play Sandvich Heavy without getting head shot by a try hard Sniper using a botkiller rifle.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
I never understood why it wasn't possible to restrict what kinds of mods your server is allowed to have on it and still qualify as a server running TF2. Is it like email addresses, where the client is only able to find what servers are claiming to be and forced to take them at face value?

Svedash

L1: Registered
Jun 11, 2014
I can't stand players who change team to join the winning one.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
I cannot stand scouts who hog the teleporter.
You're already going way2fast, so get the fuck out of the way and let a solly or heavy use it.

diddutz

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2012
The invisible player bug.
It's so broken if something kills you that you cannot see. Worst part is, you don't immediately notice that you have the bug, since getting killed by a rocket from an soldier that is long gone is pretty usual in TF2. And the only hint is that your death/freeze cam moves to an empty space, what is also possible when the one that killed you was killed shortly after.
So basically you have to be killed by the same invisible player 2 times and notice that the freezecam moves to the same position. And even then you can't be sure.