What is considered Useful or Spam-like?

cookiesurvival

L2: Junior Member
Jul 5, 2015
(And the point that is being made is that it wasn't because of that one guy, it was a long-standing pile of stuff. This one person pushed it over the edge.

/me puts away staff hat)

Im deeply sorry for you, and for everyone who got involved. Now can you please lock this thread before the rest of the staff does the same. :p

Last edited:

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
Im deeply sorry for you, and for everyone who got involved. Now can you please lock this thread before the rest of the staff does the same. :p
Fr0Z3nR's not staff anymore, just a donator, and I'm pretty sure donators can't lock threads.

Twist.vmf

L420: High Member
Jul 29, 2016
i think stuff like the prediction games is very useful, even if it's not good because at least you get to understand what other people think about things.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
i think stuff like the prediction games is very useful, even if it's not good because at least you get to understand what other people think about things.

There's another, more productive method of that, and it is called conversation.

You can find things out by talking to people. Don't need a game for that.

Twist.vmf

L420: High Member
Jul 29, 2016
There's another, more productive method of that, and it is called conversation.

You can find things out by talking to people. Don't need a game for that.
yeah, but this way you get a bit more info then a conversation, sometimes entering a conversation is less beneficial than observing one.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
somewhat unrelated but can we lock the Three Word Story thread too
It has gone nowhere. And it's not even written in English.
EDIT: On a related note to this thread, I think anything that requires the writer to think is usually useful.

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
I think it's understandable the use of Off-Topic Threads. It's easy to make and doesn't require a butt-load of work before hand to even make one (such as a map, assets or what not). With all the new members coming to TF2maps.net in hopes to contribute to the community and try fit in the TF2maps.net home, I'm not really surprised that is how a few spend their time on the site.

It's not like most of these users could have a riveting conversation with most of the staff here. They're only just learning how to create content for TF2, a game that some here have known and experienced for the nearly 10 years (once again, most I'll assume are staff at this point).

I always thought TF2maps.net was the place to see content be made and realised, so I'm happy for things like Off-Topic threads to disappear personally. Because then we'd probably see more creative posts that read like articles and case studies that people can actually learn a thing or two from instead of acting like a standard chat forum.

Why ANYONE would care what I think, but there are my two penny's.

Aug 30, 2015
somewhat unrelated but can we lock the Three Word Story thread too
As long as Post Your Doggo remains unmolested, I personally wouldn't object to the majority of the Off Topic subforum being axed and moved to Dischord