What do you guys think of the KOTH_nucleus layout.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Joshenkstone, Jun 8, 2016.

?

what do you guys think of the KOTH nucleus layout.

1. oh hell no!

9.1%
  2. meh

9.1%
  3. it's got it's problems but it isn't that bad.

36.4%
  4. i kinda like it.

36.4%
  5. heck yea!

9.1%
  1. Joshenkstone

Joshenkstone L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I would like to hear your guys opinion of the KOTH nucleus layout.
    I would also like to hear what you guys think are the pro's and con's of the map layout because i am thinking of makin' a map with the layout, and if i know the con's i can try to fix them.

Anyways i am gonna be playing nucleus for a few days to get a better look at it.
    cya.

2. Corvatile

aa Corvatile exercise cawtion

Positive Ratings:
    I'd say the two biggest problems are the huge Sniper sightlines to the objective and the huge opportunity for spawncamping. Both of these problems are a result of it being designed for Arena but converted to KotH. in Arena, you're not supposed to cap, it's just there to end the game if some of the players don't engage and it goes on for ages. The Sniper vulnerability of the point in Arena isn't such a big issue, but when it's the objective in KotH it's not fun at all to try and cap while being killed by someone the other side of the map. Spawncamping is another issue from being ported; there's no spawncamping in arena.

I think a doughnut shaped map can work well, just don't make the objective the most dangerous area in the map with a huge deathpit and Sniper vulnerability.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Nucleus works well as an Arena map but not a koth map, for all the reasons Corvatile explained.

4. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    My more accurate opinion is that it is big wonder how it works so well. If I saw that layout on paper I would say it is way too open. Tho there is more than one official maps that work so well.

Also, just a thought, what if walls would be only bit taller, just so that they would block snipers. How would it affect gameplay

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    Unique and fun.

Not the kinda layout that could make it out of TF2M testing tho.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    Is there some sort of committee that dictates when someone is allowed to take their map into rc?

• Funny Funny x 4