Sep 28, 2009
Valve summons Internet.
Internet casts Diamond Dust.
Nintendo takes 9999 damage.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Gordon is gonna get high up there just because of community support.

Joking out of the way, this point is as ironic as it is redundant. There is only one reason why a Nin10doh character would get this far: Fanboyism. As Caliostro pointed out, Mario hasn't changed in 20 odd years; beyond the fact that he went 3d he has been endlessly milked by Nintendo to the last sour dribbles, and then milked some more. He is as boring as he is "retro" and playing his games makes me feel like i should have taken crack to warm up.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
Funny how you voted for mario when you found gordon not interesting
Well its more about personal ties. I mean Mario and Nintendo both saved the industry and it was like the best game I had ever played as a kid, and it's just been cool to see him slowly evolve, granted it's all marketing but he is probably the biggest icon in gaming history.

Joking out of the way, this point is as ironic as it is redundant. There is only one reason why a Nin10doh character would get this far: Fanboyism. As Caliostro pointed out, Mario hasn't changed in 20 odd years; beyond the fact that he went 3d he has been endlessly milked by Nintendo to the last sour dribbles, and then milked some more. He is as boring as he is "retro" and playing his games makes me feel like i should have taken crack to warm up.

Ya Mario is old, very old had it been Mario has stayed relatively the same over the years. And you are right, fanboyism is a huge part of it, but you could say that about any character to be honest. So ya maybe my comment is a bit redundant. But as a core character he just doesn't compare to Mario, because the only information you get from Gordon is from the dynamic character's around him. All you really know is you have a PHD,mute, flail a crowbar, everyone likes to speak your full name, and is part of a bigger scheme. While that may be the interesting since there is a mystery behind the Gordon and his purpose.

Im not gonna /rant this on the internet, especially on an inaccurate quiz that has already been touched by 4chan already. Im just saying it my opinion thats about it, Gordon is a pretty cool guy but I think theres better, and had it been a quiz on gameplay then ya... Gordon would Win Hands Down.
-_-

Feb 17, 2009
vote.png

Gordon!

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I prefer Gordon for a few reasons.

First, his games actually have a deep story line. Deep, it keeps going. I fee like I'm actually playing as him. Also, he's beliveable. Mario? I just feel like I'm directing a small red man who has no backstory, never does any plumbing and for some reason has to save a very setrotypical princess.

Sorry, but Gordon all the way for me.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
So you enjoy boring, unoriginal and extremely bland characters that haven't involved in around 20 years?

You're right, Mario isn't original. He is THE original.
Also hasn't been involved in around 20 years? Yeah, sure, except more Mario games have been released after Gordon's last appearance, than Gordon has ever been in.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
And what does he do? Save the same damn princess over and over again. I mean just fuck that bitch mario. Oh wait he's too fat

It doesn't matter if mario was the original, or you grew up with him. He's being milked out and him being a hero is useless if what he saves gets stealen again

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
What does gordon do? He saves the world from evil aliens, and then in the next game the same thing except with different aliens.

But seriously, I love the half life series, I just like mario more than gordon, and since grodon is winning anyway, I don't think me voting for mario is really such a big deal. If nintendo actually gave a shit about constests like this, they could do the same thing as valve/steam forums and mario would win.

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
I honestly don't give a shit about "oemg, guisse v0te fer gorden, he iss much coller cuz marrio is fuken fatt, and gorden has glasses, he is coool, ifff u wote mario, ur gaeyy, fuken faget".

It's more like a matter of taste, I honestly liked Super Mario 64 alot better than Half-Life series and voted Mario, if anybody thinks another way, I don't give a shit, it's not like I go "DUUUUDE VOTE FOR MARIO FFS GORDEN SUXXX"

Last edited:

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
its about a 10% lead Gordon has just now. I think he's doing better than a lot of other gaming heroes due to the fact that he is a big part of the online community unlike the heroes found on that sack of crap the XBOX 360 or PS3

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Mario galaxy

This...is not an example of why mario is good :facepalm:
Both mario and sonic had successful 2d games, they should have stayed as 2d games <_<

Though...these contests mean absolutely nothing, I voted for gordon for the sole reason that a game company had the balls to go and tell every single one of its players to go vote for their character.

Have to admit I am quite pleased to not see the final as ff7 vs nintendo again though :p
The year on gfaqs where the L block won was by far the most successful year though

Feb 14, 2008
Mario Galaxy was amazing!

Half-Life 2 was er... amazing-er!

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
Still, if everyone starts voting for Mario he'll win. And honestly whether or not you grew up with Mario, Gordon is much better anyway.