Valdez

CP Valdez a12

Silverus

L3: Member
Jun 19, 2011
Yeah, I would say the biggest problem was the 2-3 area. There are just so many ways in that it's hard to hold and can be hard to push. As a medic, I'd often be trying to connect with my team to defend 2, none of them would know how to comm their position and then I'd randomly run into someone from the other team that seemed as equally lost. It was sort of funny but it probably isn't the desired gameplay :p
Alright, ill work on fixing that this week then, ill probably redo the entirety of that area. Thanks!

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Boom.
Bumping to show the progress of Valdez. It needs optimization and a few tweaks, but is otherwise pretty much ready for another release!
cp_valdez_a110001.jpg

cp_valdez_a110003.jpg

cp_valdez_a110004.jpg

What do you guys think?

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
Boom.
Bumping to show the progress of Valdez. It needs optimization and a few tweaks, but is otherwise pretty much ready for another release!
-imagesnip-
What do you guys think?
You've messed up the dropbox links, are these picture in your public folder?

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
You've messed up the dropbox links, are these picture in your public folder?

Ya there in my public folder. How aren't they working? Ill repost the links:
cp_valdez_a110001.jpg
cp_valdez_a110003.jpg
cp_valdez_a110004.jpg

Do they work now?
Edit: NVM, I'm doing this on my iPod and I dont think it's working, so I'll fix it tonight when I get home

Last edited:

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Gameday Bump.
So from what I saw on the feedback page (cause i wasnt there), the main thing is the sightlines on the 2nd point, and a few dark places and such. On the topic of 2nd, Is it because of the sniper "perch" to the left of the point? Or is there another place with a huge sightline?

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
Haha, was pretty funny! Did the demoman plan that? Its sweet to see gameplay videos of my map on youtube, thanks!

Yeah, Mike decided he was going to bait Eulogy and placed sticks at Eulogy's feet knowing that someone would jump the sniper. It worked out really well.

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
It was all of them, but 1-2 especially.

It took me the longest to figure out how 1 and 2 connected than any other part of the map.

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Happy Halloween to Y'all!
[UselessBanterThatIsn'tTrue/]To keep in the spirit of halloween, and to make the map more fun, there are now giant eyeballs that shoot crit rockets every 2.657756 metres! And did I mention they all have Ubercharge??[/UselessBanterThatIsn'tTrue]
All jokes aside, heres A12! Dropbox
Heres the changes:
Added lights in room that were lacking
Altered the layout of CP2 to fix sightlines
Added more signs for direction
Added a lobby from 2nd-last CPs
Minor other changes

And some pics:
cp_valdez_a120000.jpg

cp_valdez_a120001.jpg

Enjoy!

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
Its looking good, but could you change your snow textures? I think the map would look better with the barnblitz or viaduct ones.

Silverus

Jun 19, 2011
Its looking good, but could you change your snow textures? I think the map would look better with the barnblitz or viaduct ones.
Actually, I did use the barnblitz textures, i just havent done alpha paint on any of the textures.
cp_valdez_a120001.jpg

The one above the point isnt displaced, so they wouldnt look very good with the actual snow textures i would use, so i used nature/snowfull_001. The ones on the left are barnblitz though.