Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Track shadows should be on and you should also be using -staticproppolys on VRAD ;)

CP specific doors aren't really prefab-able, since it is mostly a result of the CP sending outputs to the door, not anything on the door itself.

Jan 20, 2010
Track shadows should be on and you should also be using -staticproppolys on VRAD ;)

I thought I was... hrm.

As for the door, I was thinking they could work with your CPs in your gamemode prefab map. The CPs could have "OnCapTeam2/CP1_Door*/Open" on them, and the prefabs could be spawned as CP1_Door_1/CP1_Door_2/ect.

It might cause an unused output on the CPs but it's less work removing those then having to set up CP specific doors yourself.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I doubt it is less work, since most of the time there won't be associated doors. Even when there are, there isn't really a standard of how they work. Any given point might open or close a door, or enable or disable the trigger to a door. All four cases happen in existing maps.

Jan 20, 2010
I doubt it is less work, since most of the time there won't be associated doors. Even when there are, there isn't really a standard of how they work. Any given point might open or close a door, or enable or disable the trigger to a door. All four cases happen in existing maps.

Hmm. I guess so. I still feel like there's a way to just automate the one I described. But you are correct, there are quite a few different "Open When Capped" doors.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Prop library updated, I did not include the mirrored cliff walls due to the space it would take up, but left a note about them in the entity comments for the originals.

DrNightKOT

L1: Registered
Jan 26, 2011
Nice resource. Can you add Training mode into gametype library (when I am trying to lauch my own map TF2 hangs and crashes.)?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Nice resource. Can you add Training mode into gametype library (when I am trying to lauch my own map TF2 hangs and crashes.)?

If your compiling via hammer, it might just be taking a long time to compile, hammer doesn't refresh the compile window, just says "meh" and begins to "not respond" even though it is...

And I think TR is a bit too complex and really what goes into it is the creators choice.

DrNightKOT

L1: Registered
Jan 26, 2011
Hmm... Copypasting fixed it. I will test it some times, and then provide a map (with TR gamemode) for this great resource.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I have no desire to include a training prefab in the pack until Valve finishes the entities. That may or may not be when the current TF2 beta stuff goes live, since I don't have it I can't look at the new training maps that are in it. (even then, I don't know if it is anything that could be worthwhile when prefabbed)

I had one other person mention the Norton thing to me... I don't know why. I guess just because Norton is horrible. It's a pretty standard NSIS installer.

Mariner

L2: Junior Member
Jan 16, 2011

Yeah, except for the fact that AVG is MORE SHIT. Besides, Norton was perfectly fine with the previous version of this installer, and I'm betting that within a day it'll be fine, as it deleted it on the grounds that it was an uncommon file.

EDIT: Or I can do what I just did and disable the auto-protect for five minutes.

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Haha, great, Norton tracks the files on computers it runs on, and beyond that, deletes uncommon ones.

Why haven't you just uninstalled it?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I really don't know why people pay for apps that are famous for being worse than their free counterparts, antivirus included. But if you want another second opinion, Avast has never given me grief for trying to run installers (then again, I'm on Windows 7, where triggering the User Account Control and being confirmed by it is probably taken as a universal sign that an EXE is on the up-and-up).