Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

Ekit

L1: Registered
Dec 20, 2010
Like the above guy said, make sure if you add textures models or do any layout changes that you "re-compile" the map. If you don't do so and just load the map back up you won't see a lick of difference. When you recompile the old map will be rename with a _old after it if I remember correctly and the new one will have the correct name.
How do I re-compile? I thought it did that automatically whenever I chose "Run Map... (F9)".

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
There you go, update.
Most of you care about it may have figured it out already, but I did not include trigger_ignite_arrows because it appears to be linked to degroot :|

Wander

L3: Member
Sep 16, 2010
I have a request, though im not sure if its possible / desired

Is it possible to make entities (such as intels/healthkits) with a custom model, appear that way in the 3d view?

im working on a custom gamemode (collecting spiders), for which i use the intel logic, however it is hard to position them right, because they still appear like briefcases

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Under item_teamflag/whatever, change the world model (they will show up as the standard model in Hammer).

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
He was specifically asking about changing what shows in Hammer <_< silly sebaface. However, no, there is unfortunately no way to link the Hammer model to that value.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Oh, I didn't see the '3d view' part. /me cries in corner

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
You think it would be possible to include AA for the HLMW in this pack?
It's a simple text edit to dxsupport.cfg (in sourcesdk/bin/orangebox/bin) where you add
the line "ConVar.mat_antialias" "8" to the GFX card options at the bottom. (probably only need to bother with the last two by now; ATI Unknown and Nvidia Unknown).

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Along similar lines, weren't you working on a way to remove the default texture exclusions? Or was that someone else?

stabbyclaus

Jan 19, 2011
The installer can't find SourceSDK. I have Steam installed on a different drive to my OS. Is there a fix for this?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Have you ran the SDK recently? The installer relies on a variable created by it, and if it has not been run, or the variable is otherwise missing, it won't work. Just opening the SDK launcher should fix it. (I should update that error message)

stabbyclaus

Jan 19, 2011
Have you ran the SDK recently? The installer relies on a variable created by it, and if it has not been run, or the variable is otherwise missing, it won't work. Just opening the SDK launcher should fix it. (I should update that error message)

fixed! not sure what happened, maybe it was updating.

Hell-met

Oct 30, 2010
Can you possibly make the "headless_hatman" entity not obsolete so outputs can actually be used on it?

Unless it doesn't work that way or I'm missing something.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'd have to look into it, not sure about the possibility. Until then, you can add outputs to obsolete entities by creating them on an entity Hammer recognizes, and then changing that entity to the obsolete one. The outputs will stay.

Jan 20, 2010
Hey booj, a couple things.

Some (or all, I'm not sure) of your track curves prefabs have shadows enabled. I'm not sure if that is on purpose, but I know most valve maps have shadows disabled on the tracks.

Also, I was thinking it might be useful to have some prefabs for doors that only open when specific CPs are taken, kind of like a few places on Badwater. Not sure if you could get it to work on both PL and CP, but I know I'd find it useful.