Those with SC2 Beta

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Who is Will and what are they doing not on my friends list?

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Post patch 13 server update says, "NO CUSTOM MAPZ ALLOWED!!"

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well I preordered, unfortunately a few days after they stopped giving out keys >.<

But then I saw this http://www.incgamers.com/News/22928/no-intercontinental-starcraft-ii-friendships

And was like "Fuck you blizzard"

Then swiftly cancelled my order.

What the fuck are they thinking. Are they really that stupid to think that no intercontinental support is OK?
It seems pretty much any game that comes out now has some major thing that makes me think any non-valve developer is plain retarded.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
True that, what the fuck. I haven't preordered just because of shit like that. After beta I'm probably not going to play SC2 anymore and instead move back to WC3 and SC1.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Yeah cross-pond play would definitely be a positive choice. Reminds me of that IWNet announcement, and that turned out great.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Well I preordered, unfortunately a few days after they stopped giving out keys >.<

But then I saw this http://www.incgamers.com/News/22928/no-intercontinental-starcraft-ii-friendships

What the fuck are they thinking. Are they really that stupid to think that no intercontinental support is OK?
It seems pretty much any game that comes out now has some major thing that makes me think any non-valve developer is plain retarded.

please do not think Blizzard is retarded.

I still do believe that the will have to change a lot,but this was exactly the same situation that pre-release sc1 and wc3 were and both(especially sc1,see brood war and korea)turned out to be AMAZING games.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009

I still do believe that the will have to change a lot,but this was exactly the same situation that pre-release sc1 and wc3 were and both(especially sc1,see brood war and korea)turned out to be AMAZING games.
And somehow I really doubt that SC2 will be able to be better than WC3. Especially considering all this B.Net2 nonsense.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007

Quality of the game means absolutely sod all. If I can't play with the people I want to then the game is only fit for the bin.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'm sure that in the long run, with enough whining, Blizzard will add intercontinental play and hopefully chat channels, as well as all the other stuff we would expect. I doubt that just because it's not in the beta it will never happen.

Still, it does seem odd not to already include some of those things.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Quality of the game means absolutely sod all. If I can't play with the people I want to then the game is only fit for the bin.

we are brewing a massive shit storm to end all shit storms on TL.net

WE.WILL.WIN!!!!!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
SC1 is a single diamond excreted from the sphinctre that is Blizzard. Probably, because all the shit they spout out to gamers at one point got so clogged up the pressure could only release into a beautiful game.

SC2 has A LOT to live up to and i doubt it will beat what SC1 and Brood Wars became. But SC2 should prove to be a good game in average standards, and i am looking forward to the campaign more than the multiplayer (which is too competitive for my liking). Which is ironic because i thought the SC1 campaign was lacking whilst the multiplayer was the more entertaining part.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
SC1 is a single diamond excreted from the sphinctre that is Blizzard. Probably, because all the shit they spout out to gamers at one point got so clogged up the pressure could only release into a beautiful game.
What the hell made you say that? Have you ever heard of Warcraft 1, 2, 3? And although I don't like WoW either you can't honestly be saying that it's a bad MMORPG.

Please, you people. Blizzard knows what they're doing and I refuse to believe they jumped the shark now. If anything it's Activision's fault. That said, I am not going to buy Starcraft 2 and am instead moving back to Warcraft 3.

Last edited:

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
You can play with "real ID" friends cross-country, just not normal friends. Real ID friends get to see your real name and more specific information on what you are currently doing, such as if you are viewing the post-game scores screen as opposed to just "online".

I have Aly on my real ID friends and I'm pretty sure that we can set up a game and play right now.

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009

Debunked. I can play against numerous friends from the EU.