Those with SC2 Beta

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
I'm still buying the game,not pre-ordering and i'll be spending my beta downtime watching pro-sc1 games.(proleague is going so HOT right now)

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
You can play with "real ID" friends cross-country, just not normal friends. Real ID friends get to see your real name and more specific information on what you are currently doing, such as if you are viewing the post-game scores screen as opposed to just "online".

I have Aly on my real ID friends and I'm pretty sure that we can set up a game and play right now.
Well me and Selentic CANNOT play together, we can't even add each other as friends.

Not going to get SC2. It's so unfair to Blizzard and the great game they developed but Activision's B.Net2 cannot be supported.

A short history of Activision Blizzard or how B.Net 2.0 came to be

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'm still buying the game,not pre-ordering and i'll be spending my beta downtime watching pro-sc1 games.(proleague is going so HOT right now)

I don't know, I haven't been all too into SC1 for a while. The last two MSL finals (both Flash / Jaedong) were extremely disappointing imo, and the whole taking dives thing just kind of ruined my mood for it.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Nope. You just add them by e-mail address. Any "RealID Friends" can play across continents.
Hello? As we already said, it does not work for us. I also have two other NA friends I can't add when it works with other EU contacts.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Nope. You just add them by e-mail address. Any "RealID Friends" can play across continents.

The only EU's I have been able to play with are ones who are set as being NA, so no, you're wrong.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The only EU's I have been able to play with are ones who are set as being NA, so no, you're wrong.

I believe, kind sir, that you are not performing the correct course of actions in order to properly play across continents.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I believe, kind sir, that you are not performing the correct course of actions in order to properly play across continents.

Which is what exactly, going to activision and offering to suck the dicks of each and every executive there?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Believe it or not, the friends system is not very good. Most of the time it will have problems sending invitations. Just send another friend request. Oh, unless you don't have the beta. In which case you wouldn't be able to do it at all.

The Gentlemanne

Jun 18, 2009
I don't know, I haven't been all too into SC1 for a while. The last two MSL finals (both Flash / Jaedong) were extremely disappointing imo, and the whole taking dives thing just kind of ruined my mood for it.

OSL finals were better but a disappointment due to flash's loss,MSL finals were great games but not close enough.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Yeah, he's referring to the article I linked to earlier in this thread. He's also absolutely right.

Here, me and Selentic just comparing the custom games we can join:

Selentic's: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2536778/games.jpg
Trotim's: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2536778/trot-games.Jpg

As you can see, they're extremely different. You're telling me we could play together if not even the published maps available on B.net 2 are the same?

Last edited:

The Gentlemanne

Jun 18, 2009
maybe it works if a US guy adds an EU guy but not the other way around...