Those with SC2 Beta

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Hey Whats up with people saying that the beta ends May 17?

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
He says on the Team Fortress 2-related site.

Sorry for double post, but they're two completely different things. Would love to get into a conversation about it, but suffice it to say a 2v2 in an RTS with random players is not the same thing as a 6v6+ with people you most likely know in a FPS. :p

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
We’d like to let all of our StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta test participants know that the first phase of the beta test will be coming to an end in all regions on Monday, May 31. The beta test will be unavailable for several weeks while we make some hardware and software configuration changes in preparation for the final phase of the beta test and the release of the game. We plan to bring the beta test back online for a couple of weeks prior to the game’s launch to complete our testing. We’ll have more details to share about when this final beta-testing phase will begin at a later date.

We’d like to thank all of our beta-test participants for your enthusiasm, dedication, and valuable feedback during the beta test, and we look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the StarCraft II beta test as the game’s July 27 launch approaches.

first phase of beta ends on 31st of may. :O

ANova

Jul 16, 2009
I don't know if this is because of the May 17 thingy but every time i start up sc2 it just makes my computer freeze and i have to restart my whole computer,

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
We should have a small tourney,maybe not for something big,but we'll make it 'hella fun'

even if its going to be Radaka who would probably win.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yea, it's a shame we can't play custom games with AI. Never mind, i suppose that's not what the beta is for.

The game gets released in early July, though (6 months late). A shame i couldn't spend more of my last ever summer holidays wasting away on this game.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I'm pretty sure the editor (along with its ability to launch maps) will work even when the beta is down.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
I agree with Trotim, because that ability was enabled even when the Bnet servers were down before. There are already a lot of fun singleplayer custom maps out there. Most can be found at www.sc2mapster.com.

ANova

Jul 16, 2009
Hey I'm going to start hosting 2v2's every Wednesday and Friday, and maybe Saturday Nights would anyone want to join up?

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
It's currently going through the wipe now, patch should be Downloadable soon..