The Replay Update

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
also the reason I haven't gone away yet is because I haven't found another good game to regularly play yet and still like the community and people here. some of them

Cross your fingers for Brink, then. If any game has a chance it's that one.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Wow. Gotta give valve some credit, they actually made these tools work a lot better then I thought. I'll miss PLDX tools... but this is a nice substitute.

TBH I was kindof worried about a flood of shitty set-to-propane-nightmares "kill compilation" videos to start spamming youtube (more then normal), but these tools actually leave out about as much as they provide. It's easier to film now, but production and post still relies mostly on the player. If anything, replays are just a timesaver... an amazing time saver at that.

I might go back and rewrite my little tutorial I have saved on my HD on filming for TF, now that these tools are out. Might as well use this film school education for something.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
That's because no other games company treats their community with the level of respect and understanding that VALVe have. Since Quake became a piece of history pretty much all the lasting online game communities are for the CS, TF, HL franchises; along with subsequent mods like Gmod. Many of whom have been around for well over a decade and only getting stronger.

It wouldn't have such a custom content production following if that wasn't the case and Blizzard wouldn't be Sueing Valve over their monopolisation of the market unless they were intimidated by STEAM's presence on the game scene and VAlVe's continued interaction with the gamers.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
True Quake does seem to have exited the scene.. can't help but think they're going to try and get back on it with R.A.G.E

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
The one thing I'm having issues with is that whenever I export to .mov, the movie is pitch black (with working audio). I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have quicktime installed. Anyone had this issue and fixed it?

I noticed this when I tried to import to windows movie maker, I wonder if its a windows thing?

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
The one thing I'm having issues with is that whenever I export to .mov, the movie is pitch black (with working audio). I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have quicktime installed. Anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Might be the encoding of the output video file. .mov tends to really suck on most computers because it's q Quicktime format. What are you trying to play it in?

Rotab

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2008

Sounds like you are missing the video codec.
See if it works with VLC

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
the steam forums has a thread about people that hate quicktime with alternatives in it