The Impossible

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
"3 People go into a second hand car dealership.
They buy a car, that costs £300, therefor each one of them handing ovre £100.
The salesman goes into the office to get the paperwork, when the manager says "We have reduced that car down to £250."
The salesman puts £20 in his pocket, without the manager knowing.
He then gives each of the people £10 pounds back, which makes up the rest.

Each person has now paid £90 each.
3 x £90 = £270

The salesman has £20, add that on is £290.

Where is the last £10 note?"

In the pocket of the man who conceived this word riddle.

"A hunter is hunting bears. He walks 1 mile south of his tent and finds a bear, but chickens out and runs 1 mile west. He then walks 1 mile North, back to his tent.

What color is the bear?"

Clearly green and scaly, otherwise the hunter wouldn't have freaked out.

Last edited:

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
The paragraph below is most unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?
----------------------------------------------------
"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
The paragraph below is most unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?
----------------------------------------------------
"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

Funny thing, no letter E in that.

Nor is it in the book it's from,"Gatsby".

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah... these stupid "impossible math" things are always tricks of wording, not of math. Math doesn't lie. Ever.

Yea, we were given one of these questions just before our GCSE's by our math teacher just to completely fuck us over, ha ha. We had a lot of decent English pupils though and so we ruined most of the pranks effectiveness. Still baffled a lot of us though for a few moments.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Right, here is a question.

Twin brothers, they were born in July, and May. They are not gay, yet they married each other.

How?

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Nope. All wrong so far. I will post the answer at 9pm GMT tonight for those of you who will be EATEN ALIVE muahahaha!

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Well, I know that they were born on midnight on the last day of May but I can't get the second part.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007

Twin brothers, they were born in July, and May. They are not gay, yet they married each other.

How?

I've seen better versions of this one. The problem with using trick grammar is you have to actually have good grammar everywhere else in the riddle.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure that comma after July is significant, so May is presumably a woman, not a month. She married one or both of the twin brothers, depending on where they got married. =P

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008

How?

Lots of possible answers:

- They were bisexual.
- Or they pretended to be gay for some reason.
- You state that they are not gay, but they married each other. They could have been gay at the moment they married each other, but then became straight for some reason. Thus, they *ARE* not gay, but they still married each other.

I dunno about the first part. Might be a grammar trick because of the weird comma placements, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: And I know I'm probably wrong according to the riddle's answer. But as long as I can nitpick my own answers out of a riddle, it's not solid enough. :p