The Highlander Open

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
We'll have to finalize a team soon for this to happen

Just gonna bump this up so it appears on the recent discussion list. We have 7 people currently thinking about playing, and we're missing players for demo, Soldier or spy (depending on what Waffe plays). Egan, I know you play demoman all the time - do you want to play? Having said that, this is an EU tournament.

ManBeaR

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2014
Sorry, no. As you say, it's EU - I evidently do a lot worse as demoman on our own EU server compared to the US one. You do notice your pipes taking an extra half second to shoot out.

Half a secound? You get 500 ping in diffrence?

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
Classes we need:

- Demo
- Soldier OR Spy (I play the other, I don't mind which)
- Heavy (for at least one week)
- and maybe even an extra substitute

Signups close: Thursday 26th June. After this we got only about 3 weeks to play and practice

We also need to have the team ready with all people onboard at least 24 hours before the deadline, since otherwise the players will be counted as mercs (not sure if this is an issue).

We also still need a team name (I suggest something that would nicely abbreviate to TF2M, e.g. "Too fresh to map")

Unfortunately I will probably be holidaying for about 10 days over the course of the Highlander Open.

Do you have an exact date?

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Are you seriously suggesting Holiday Punch Heavies hitting ubered players in the back is a thing that ever happened

Not necesarily, but imagine that one team comes in with an übercharge, and gets denied by a kritzkrieg heavy.

The kritzkrieg already gives a significant über advantage, so allowing it to counter an über through a mitten wielding heavy is probably too powerful of an ability.

Regarding the buddy system, i think it basically means that if anyone here has experience with division 5 and above (and we can only have one of such people), that person MUST play medic.

If someone else is forced to play medic bc of those rules, i am a fairly decent solly/demo as well.

Edit: "Terraformers" is best teamname

Last edited:

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012
Sign me in. I'm decent on soldier, spy and heavy. I can also play as demo.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Surely we can get a full team together?

And even if we can't I'd like to already start doing lobbies with you guys - 3 weeks isn't a ton of time to practice and I'd like to make sure Mumble is set up right. It's not complicated but can take some tweaking

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
4 Days left until signups close!

Hello,
I'm in a bit of a big bother at the moment, Recently my computer has been crashing and stopped working at random times. Finally it has completely stopped working with which is a huge pain for me at the moment in time, as I have a lot of projects going on.

Looks like Bakscratch is out for the moment :/
Hopefully he can get his computer fixed or replaced in time

If not, that means we (still) need at least 2 people to sign up, plus some in reserve

Player list:

shadowslasher11: Scout
Waffe: Spy or Solly
RubbishyUsername: Heavy (away for 1 week)
Dr. Element: Medic or solly/demo
flanker/Tunas: Pyro
Trotim: Engy
Bakscratch: Sniper (unsure whether he'll be able to play)
Dïcecübe: Solly, spy, heavy or demo

And even if we can't I'd like to already start doing lobbies with you guys - 3 weeks isn't a ton of time to practice and I'd like to make sure Mumble is set up right. It's not complicated but can take some tweaking

That reminds me that maybe we should set up a team at etf2l already. Also you should check that you are able to login to the site (steam login can be a bit wonky)

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I've got too much stuff going on right now to be able to properly be a part of the team. However, if you ever need a pyro or demo sub, give me a call and I'll try to make it.