The Generator Cart

Model The Generator Cart 2021-11-28

Spike Nitros

L1: Registered
May 6, 2014
The Generator Cart - Unlimited Power!

An electric payload cart. Good for powering bridges, blast doors, lights and death rays! 3 LODs + idle, start & stop anims

When using this model in your map, consider crediting the creators (Spike Nitros & IJCT) properly, or add us as contributors. Do not modify the textures or model without asking permission first!

generator cart promo fullres.png

20170730163931_1.jpg
1.png

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
Looks nice! Have you thought about a red version?

LadyRaee

CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL
Sep 1, 2012
IMO it lacks a good place to attach the dispenser radio and alarm light, other than that it's amazing

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Looks cool as heck. Does the thing spins all the time or only when it's being pushed? I assume all the time.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I downloaded this, and it doesn't work? The model works fine, the textures too, but when I tried to use it in a map I'm working on, it doesn't function!

20171228130322_1.jpg

The cart stays were it was placed in Hammer, while the rest of the cart's entities go to the start of the track and don't move! The logic works fine with the normal payload model, but not this one. It sucks, because I really like the look of this model, and want to use it in my map.

EDIT : Nevermind. It can be fixed by using a prop_dynamic instead of a prop_physics_override for the payload cart.

Last edited:

Spike Nitros

L1: Registered
May 6, 2014
Updated the cart to this decade, now with actually working skins, LODs and Bodygroups!

- cleaned up the spaghetti qc code
- updated the model to support bodygroups
- fixed the broken skinfamilies
- made the materials bodygroup-specific
- better LOD distances
- generally less of a headache now

Read the rest of this update entry...