The Construction Pack is Now Live

Feb 14, 2008
Nice one guys. And nice map Penguin :)

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Even with barley anything but few textures and props from this set Hardhat looked amazing, i can't wait to see what people get done using full set, good job guys, now make valve buy this one too.

Apr 13, 2009
I quickly put together a prop library vmf, here. Tell me if something's wrong.

PS:whoever made the van, the number of skins is impressive. I almost expect to see one in every map now. :p

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
This was a surprise. Last I'd heard, some folks were discussing making a pack that was construction themed and that was that.

Great work, looks good. :)

I do agree with Rexy about the spools though.

Kep

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Useful and constructive feedback

Cheers Rexy, always good to have feedback from one of the resident prop and texture experts.

Unfortunately it's somewhat inevitable that a couple of mistakes will slip through the net, but we'll just have to address them with an update of some sort in the not-too-distant future. It's really handy to have these things pointed out and I don't doubt there will be a community feedback thread for exactly this sort of feedback.

WRT the excavator, believe it or not, there were hydraulic excavators around in the 60's they just weren't particularly commonplace. Research was done and it was based on an example from the period.

The one thing I disagree with is the Steamroller. I like that model and I think it does look like a slightly stylized version of the real thing. It's a fitting model and it was from one of the key contributors from the pack, not to mention that it was conversation about the steamroller and about other heavy machinery that sparked the idea for a content pack. Also the version in the pack has been updated since the initial release with revised textures, so it's not just a re-release.

Either way, thanks for astute observations and keep them coming. :)