TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #6: (A)Symmetry CP

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
Oh, of course. I was offering tactical voting as a last resort, but its much much more effective to just actually vote to give individual votes less weight.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
If this is going to be a problem we should just do a Secret Ballot next time (ie PM the Contest Head) and just post comments without scores publicly.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
If this is going to be a problem we should just do a Secret Ballot next time (ie PM the Contest Head) and just post comments without scores publicly.

I said this in chat and even though i surely wasn't the first person to suggest this idea, please direct all thanks to me. Thanks.

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
It's probably been mentioned somewhere but is it okay to vote for only some of the maps, and leave the ones I haven't played completely? I feel kind of bad not voting for the good ones I've played (but don't have any real desire to go out of my way to play the rest).

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Incidently, last night was playing on the server and cp_copperhead_b1e came up. Map started downloading, then I got booted for "missing map." A friend I was playing with at the time said the same thing happened to him. Server nearly emptied out (dropped from 22 players to 10 with that map change).

Obviously I had "allow all downloads" turned on to play on the tf2maps server. Strange thing is that I shold have already had that map downloaded.

Might be something to check into, make sure it's working correctly.

Kep

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Yes, I'm well aware of the schedule and I'm always on time.

Voting Closes: June 26th (sunday), at 20:00 UTC/GMT
[Countdown clock link]

Be sure to complete any unfinished votes, and check for mistakes. Thank you all for participating! The final result will be announced shortly (a few days perhaps) after the voting ends.

As of this post, there's exactly (-ish) 2 days left to vote and/or complete/edit your existing vote.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
Hey guys, just thought you'd like to see an excel spreadsheet of the public voting results. Not sure if it's already been done. I disregarded ineligible votes and that one guy who didn't obey the voting system and was trolling anyway.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4072938/Text Files/TF2Maps.net (A)Symmetrical CP Contest Public Results.xlsx

Copperhead and Croissant are winning. Now it's all up to the judges.

EDIT: Fixed because excel sucks. I did the calculations in google and used sig figs. Croissant is now winning in the symmetrical maps, not Process; interestingly, it's only winning by .009 points. Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Don't forget that the judges can throw those stats to the wind though.

Surprised that sekhmet is winning, i've only seen it get played once on a half empty server. I can't help but feel those that voted don't actually represent the true public opinion. The maps that get played the most are sitting around the middle of that table, you'd have thought the maps that people prefer to play would be the ones winning.

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
just curious when we'll hear anything about this one. don't want it to be overshadowed by the 72hr contest afterall.

also:

Surprised that sekhmet is winning, i've only seen it get played once on a half empty server. I can't help but feel those that voted don't actually represent the true public opinion. The maps that get played the most are sitting around the middle of that table, you'd have thought the maps that people prefer to play would be the ones winning.
- dunno who's winning or what (i don't have a spiffy super new version of excel so i can't open the file), but i agree that during the play sessions sekhmet seemed to not get a lot of attention, which i thought was a shame. decent map

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009

i've played it with decent playercount multiple times