TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #12: Dynamic CP

S

saph

Hm... I do have a layout from the 72 hours that I couldn't participate in, but that's SD. I might have to play around with the layout a bit, but I think it'll work.

Also, I found this from the dynamic payload page:
What is a dynamic element?
Good question. We are not entirely sure what this would encompass ourselves, but we like the sound of it. Any sort of payload gameplay element that involves moving, turning, lifting, teleporting, cloning or turbo-boosting the payload cart is in my opinion okay. You more or less have completely free hands here to exercise your creativity for what can be done as a interesting feature in a otherwise uneventful and simple payload map.
It doesn't need to be much! As long as it's fun and well executed that effort will be reflected in the final scoring.
You are not tied to manipulating only the cart. If you so please, you may raise/lower platforms, open gates on various conditions or whatever you can think of, as long as it makes for a good map.

Do these things apply (in a similar way), but only to the point?

S

saph

Hm... I do have a layout from the 72 hours that I couldn't participate in, but that's SD. I might have to play around with the layout a bit, but I think it'll work.

Also, I found this from the dynamic payload page:

Do these things apply (in a similar way), but only to the point?

Actually, nevermind. After rereading it a few times, inspiration hit me for once.

I guess I'll put my 5CP down for a little while.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
  • Unique CP layouts ARE NOT considered dynamic on their own, though their usage is welcome alongside dynamic elements.
I guess that rules out doublecap/uncovered and other 2way gravel pit maps as counting, without something else added to make them .... "dynamic"

6root

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2015
Just a question: Any kind of CP maps is allowed? (5CP, 3CP, A/D, TC and whatever)
EDIT: i can't read

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Just a question: Any kind of CP maps is allowed? (5CP, 3CP, A/D, TC and whatever)
I suggest you reread the rules, as that is covered. If you missed that you probably missed something else.

The answer is yes.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
What about custom content? Is it allowed? (models, textures, sounds, etc.)

Juicy

L1: Registered
May 14, 2015
For once in my life. I may actually have a reason to try out hammer again.

First time I actually posted something here. So I'm a bit shy.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Depends... you got good ideas, and you gonna maintain a positive attitude? :D
If I got someone to hope on, I don't think I can be very negative.

Besides, I don't want to end up making the other person feel bad about this.

As for ideas, welll.... Kinda, but kinda not.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Ahh, I'm torn on if I should enter since I have been making an Invade CTF TC map for 2 days now. Plus I already have a lot on my plate with the Banana remake along with that. I wonder if it was okay if I put it in my TC map, although I would have to restart it + I don't know if CTF with points counts as 'points'.

..but i really want a medallion, like more than anything else.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
So territorial control is dynamic because capturing a point changes how the next stage is going to be, correct? As in, a new set of control points in a new area are being used. Or is that interpretation of it too loose because the same thing also happens in multi-stage A/D maps such as dustbowl?

I am just a little fuzzy on what makes it "dynamic". In the payload contest, it was required that there was some sort of dynamic element such as a bridge, turntable, or obstacle that moves in such a way that the cart can progress. I also understand that capture points can open up doors and new routes like on cp_steel, changing the "dynamic" of the gameplay.

Would having a domination map that functions similar to dom_cliffhanger, where the timer counts down faster for the team with the most points also qualify as "dynamic"?

I look forward to this contest but I just need some things clarified.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Holy shit.

I have been planning a map that fits this description since always ago, and never got around to building it because I suck at layouts.

IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE