TF2M Migration Requests

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
Can Parkour Fortress
Done. Fixed a few other too while I was in there.

could members be allowed to re-upload
If I'm understanding you right. No. The original author should be the one uploading. If you're asking about uploading on behalf of an author in their already existing download you would have to be a part of their resource team.

Right now you can't see it.
I see what you mean. I don't think the old site had this. If you look next to the download you'll see an orange megaphone icon indicating it's been featured https://tf2maps.net/downloads/categories/attack-defense-ctf.16/?page=4 . I've added a notice too for threads in the Map Showcase as that was the easier solution rather than rewriting things. You might want to suggest this to Xenforo, the people who made the forum software, but I'll try and find something and start moving the rest of the featured maps over to their correct sub-forum. I am using Haarp as the example. https://tf2maps.net/threads/haarp.7358/

Last edited:

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
I'm not sure whether this counts as more of a bug, but I can't manage cover images on any of the downloads I'm a team member on.
1674852299103.png

I would like to be given the ability to manage cover images.
I haven't made any team downloads, so I don't know what abilities you can give your team members. I know that on Caribbean, I can "change resource type" which isn't an ability I have on other team downloads I'm part of.
If team download creators can already give team members the ability to manage cover images, then make it so that team members have the manage cover images ability by default, please.

Brokkhouse

I'm sorry Mario, your logic is in another instance
Server Staff
Oct 9, 2021
Screenshot_20230219-233334.png

I know this is not particularly important for a PC game based site, but this is what preview images for resources look like on the mobile version on my end. Everything else is fine, but I can only see the very left side of any picture larger than my phone's resolution, which is a little annoying. Maybe they could be realigned or resized on the mobile version?

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
1677079434221.png

1677079586384.png

Minor bug but this happens if a featured map is the most recent post; It'll display the "This map is featured!" text on the wrong page

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Please use the events calendar more. There's been nothing on there for over a month, and putting at least the new detailing contest's deadline on there would seem like a no-brainer, yet it's nowhere in sight:
1684723363316.png

People might say "there's nothing to put up there", and for that, I have a feature request:
Let each person have a "profile calendar" that lets them bookmark server events, give themselves deadlines and announce future releases, and let people follow other people's calendars or cross-bookmark events from other people's calendars onto their own calendar.
Visual:
profilecalendar001.png

If you do this, you could then make the "Events" tab lead you to "nesman's Calendar" or "Forum System's Calendar", and it would serve much the same purpose as before.

Some extra details:
  • The "cross-saved from Startacker!'s calendar" link could take you not only to Startacker's Calendar, but the exact post that was cross-saved - for this, the link could be "tf2maps.net/events/startacker.16302/01042023/" or "tf2maps.net/members/startacker.16302/events/01042023/", which works because each user can only have one calendar post for each day.
  • The "save this event to your calendar" link should not actually take you to your calendar page after saving, because it would become really annoying to save multiple events, and you can easily access your calendar from your profile anyway.
  • Your calendar should be an extra tab in your profile, even if that only contains a link that sends you to your actual calendar page.