TF2M Annual Major Contest # 3

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Sorry eerie, but Boojum is correct. I have not gone into details about what I have approved because the authors will likely want their ideas kept secret. If they wish to discuss said variations on the forums, it is their prerogative. I'm pretty good about responding to my pms w/in a couple days, so don't wait to ask me about making a few variations on the rules.

Armadillo of Doom

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Do you have to release a final version of the map for the contest? As opposed to an RC that would be worked on later.

Nope. Your map can be in any condition. Technically you could submit an orange box, but you would lose major points for aesthetics and functionality :p

Grimes

L1: Registered
Jun 4, 2009
Sorry for the confusion. I edited Youme's list to reflect this. As far as gameplay is concerned, PLR has no requirements, and the only CTF rules are concerned w/ the number of flags. Hope this helps :)

So by that logic any modification to payload race is acceptable as long as it remains a race between a red and blu payload?

Armadillo of Doom

aa
Oct 25, 2007
So by that logic any modification to payload race is acceptable as long as it remains a race between a red and blu payload?

I wouldn't go so far as to say 'any modification' ;) So long as you keep the racing aspect however, I am being rather flexible about additions.

Darkfoxx

L1: Registered
Jun 1, 2009
Might get in on this, might not. I currently have a normal CTF map in the works, so it depends when I finish it.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
im officially throwing my hat in to the fray. i will be doing a ctf.

andysss456

L2: Junior Member
Sep 28, 2008
I don't really feel like reading through 20 pages for this answer, but has this been addressed: (this is for the ctf push)

On the prefab tutorial vmf the way to block the capture (trigger multiple with onstarttouchall > disable, and onendtouchall >enable) whenever a red dies on teh cap it stays disabled, and won't enable again until a red passes over it. Any solutions to this problem?

Last edited:

andysss456

L2: Junior Member
Sep 28, 2008
Also it seems like the times from each round are carrying over into the next round, so if only three minutes are left in the first round it start at that same time, it's odd. Anyone else getting that?

Edit: i think i found a solution (with the relays: ontrigger - msctf_timer - settime)

Last edited:
May 23, 2009
Also it seems like the times from each round are carrying over into the next round, so if only three minutes are left in the first round it start at that same time, it's odd. Anyone else getting that?

Thats how dustbowl's time works, its one of two options. if you don't like cumulative times its a setting you can change in the timer entities.

Jive Turkey

L3: Member
Jan 22, 2008
So wait, PLR is a 3 stage minimum? I'm pretty sure I don't have the free entities for more than two. Lots of path_tracks in my map.