TF2 Update: It is a good day to be giant man

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Who cares, they come with a great game!

Jan 20, 2010
Nah, you can't. You have to buy the game to get them. If you COULD get them with random drops, that would pretty much destroy their intention.

I rather like the hat. I could care less about the guns, although I don't mind them at all.

But I love the hat.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
It's always going to stay cosmetic, of course. Valve isn't filled with total jerks! These are just cool bonuses for people who were already going to be getting the games, I would think you'd be sort of dumb to buy it without being a Sam and Max fan just for a friggin' hat.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
BTW, Season 3's premiere is great!

It's twice as long as older episodes, the engine has been upgraded (Lighting, textures, everything looks great now!), and Max's superpowers are really fun.

:D

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
On a side note, I wish they'd just nuke the Steam forums from orbit.

And then hang up a sign on the ashes that says "This is why we can't have nice things."

Feb 14, 2008
And that's a good thing. If only the Pain-Train / Dalokohs / Homewrecker were also just remodels...

Why?

They haven't given you any grief have they? They've only added new gameplay haven't they?

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Lugermorph is fantastic, Big Kill is meh (mostly due to the bad reloading animation), bunny hat looks rather stupid. That said, I love both Sam & Max and TF2, and it's a good deal for me!

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
and b) they're generally more fun than ours anyway

Why do valve keep saying stuff like this, their games are great aren't they?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Valve isn't filled with total jerks!.

Well they released hats in the first place didn't they? Look how much trouble they've been for the majority of the community.

Classes should start with all their weapons and the achievements would unlock hats instead. I can imagine starting the game without the same amount of options as other players to be annoying, and it then results in achievement farming. Not that unlocking hats that way wouldn't, but then you could have epic achievements like the medic and pyro ones which take time and class dedication. At least then hats would be more like "Hey i earned this" and class specific, rather than some dick with 20 hats and 100 hours of gameplay and someone else who's had the game for years and 1000+ hours with 1 hat for a class he never plays.

Achievements arn't really achievements when you perform them every other game.

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I don't know what to say. The guns are okay, but I really really don't want to see tons of people running around wearing Max hats. It's not worth going all SPUF-angry over this, but I wish they'd stick to hats that fit the game.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
At least Bill's hat is sort of theme neutral. And so is a headband.