Team Fortress 2 Update Released

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
  • Updated the Case Global Unusual Effects to draw from a pool of previous years' Halloween Unusual effects during the Scream Fortress IX event. This applies to all cosmetic cases.
  • Fixed all classes doing 3x damage when landing on enemies
  • Fixed the Flare Contract Bonus Objective requiring mini-crit kills instead of crit kills
  • Made it easier to score "defend an objective" style Contract objectives
  • Lowered the requirements for the Amputator Contract's bonus objectives
  • Fixed a case where players standing directly in front of the Pyro would not get burned
  • Fixed a bug related to the Medi Gun and changing class/loadout while being healed
  • Updated Mann vs. Machine
    • Removed the "Faster recharge rate" upgrades from The Dragon's Fury
    • Fixed the missing "Increased Airblast Push Force" upgrade on The Dragon's Fury

Read on the TF2 Blog...

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
Atleast the contract is easier now

Dec 28, 2014
Lol that was a thing?

It was for one day, in the Oct 26th they "Fixed The Thermal Thruster not doing 3x damage when landing on enemies" but they accidentally made it so all of the characters did 3x fall damage when landing on enemies, not just Pyros equipped with the Thermal Thruster.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
So that's why I heard a falling sound for all classes?

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
  • Updated the Case Global Unusual Effects to draw from a pool of previous years' Halloween Unusual effects during the Scream Fortress IX event. This applies to all cosmetic cases.
Wonder what this will do to the economy.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Kind of sounds insane! Means you can now get a Halloween unus on any hat from 2015 to now. Wonder if it means special event cases draw from Halloween too, like invasion? Or if it only affects gun mettle, jungle, rainy day, may flower, and tough break cases.

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
Kind of sounds insane! Means you can now get a Halloween unus on any hat from 2015 to now. Wonder if it means special event cases draw from Halloween too, like invasion? Or if it only affects gun mettle, jungle, rainy day, may flower, and tough break cases.
20171028103331_1.jpg

They come from Invasion crates too.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I was always curious if the weapon effects (Isotope, Hot, Cool, etc) could still be unboxed during Halloween. According to the descriptions, they can be.

Also, why did they remove Energy Orb, I wonder?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So that's why I heard a falling sound for all classes?
The new fall-damage sound followed by a sound like you've been hit? I think that's just a thing they decided to update, like the flamethrower particles.