Team Fortress 2 Update 9/15/09

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Nineaxis, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/2825/

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Quite a lot of changes for an unannounced update, eh?

3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    no particle fix :(

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Heavy can toss sandvich! :D
    :(

5. Hawk

Hawk L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    WOW. I'll be interested in seeing how these things work in the game. I don't see any reason why it will break the game, but it looks like it could definitely change it.

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    The Heavy sandvich was approached in an unexpected way. I thought it might have been a recharge like all other "usables/throw-ables".

7. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    Huzzah! No more infinite overtimes!

8. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Well I'm glad the syringe gun got a buff which left the blutsauger where it was, rather than them nerfing the blutsauger!!

9. JoshuaC

JoshuaC L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am pretty disappointed that they've yet to fix the particle bug. Oh well I'm sure it'll be done in another 2-3 weeks.................

I wonder if the ignite players thing is a response to a query I sent to Robin a few weeks back.

10. Mexican Apple Thief

Mexican Apple Thief L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER

Positive Ratings:
    It isn't really a nerf... It's buffing the medic and making the bluts cancel the buff. Either way that thing needed a nerf.

11. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    I like. Compared to some past updates, I don't have a load of unanswered questions about what each thing means, either. :)

I'm think some of the folks in the SPUF whining about performance might benefit from that "Disable weather effects" option.

_________

P.S.: I'll have to test if their AABB -> Sphere change for explosives also affects direct collisions by grenades/rockets and/or huntsman arrows.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  12. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So essentially what the Blutsauger's new auto-damage thing results in is just that the Medic heals himself faster than before without it, but will still heal at the old rate with the Blutsauger equipped, right? Or perhaps a slightly different rate than before - but the point is he just heals slower, correct?

I immediately thought that the full-healing thing for the Heavy when using the taunt with the Sandvich sounded like a horrible idea, but then I thought about how he's completely vulnerable + immobile while using it and he loses his shotgun to be able to use it, and I felt better. I'll just have to see how it works.
    The drop-able one should be interesting, and useful in many situations. Imagine - no more (or at least fewer) problems with Medics with 1/3 health following a Heavy and not having access to healthkits. Heavy throws the Sandvich, Medic collects it and is able to go on a bit longer, disaster momentarily averted. Hooray for teamwork! :)

13. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  14. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Funny, I organized them the exact opposite way (page 1 = keeps, page 2 = duplicates). :O Looks like someone needs to update their site to accomodate the new backpack.

I answered my own earlier questions by actually playing the game. :p I love the little plate the Sandvich appears on. Much more appetizing than in the leaked beta video where you would have had to eat it straight off the floor...

15. JoshuaC

JoshuaC L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Trigger_hurt entities with ignite still don't do damage over time. :(

16. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Use page 2 for keeps since new drops automatically go into page 1, you dont want to have to keep carting them over now do you??

17. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    I must know how to use this.

18. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    It's a player input. Fire it from a trigger with !activator as the target. Same as you change a player's fog controller.

19. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So that's any trigger brush, with outputs as follows:

OnTrigger
    !activator
    IgnitePlayer

Sorry, as long as I've been here, I'm still a hopeless noob.

20. Altaco

Altaco L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    correct.