Swamp Theme Expansion - You choose the content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
becuase it would require nice particles.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
...Valve has already done all the theme...

what what what?

Currently we have desert and industrial. Then alpine was added.

It was probably voted on by the guys who produced the content, and it's not hard to guess why, it's a fairly unique theme that contrasts with the current official content.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
This pack still updating? And has any of the finished items been released yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing more from this pack.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I think that we could use some wooden versions of the gameplay signs. The electronic lit up ones can look out of place sometimes.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I think it's fine that gameplay signs attract a bit of attention, even if they might look a bit odd in the environment, it's nice to have familiar and reconizable models for this kind of stuff.

The expansion is being worked on daily.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I think it's fine that gameplay signs attract a bit of attention, even if they might look a bit odd in the environment, it's nice to have familiar and reconizable models for this kind of stuff.

It's easy to draw attention to a sign (just a few lights should illuminate it,) but having a glowing sign in an otherwise antique environment is a little conspicuous.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
That's the point. You don't think the giant round metal thing with a glowing hologram is conspicuous... anywhere? :p Gameplay oriented objects should not be changed for no good reason, and those signs should definitely not be made in wood.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
It's easy to draw attention to a sign (just a few lights should illuminate it,) but having a glowing sign in an otherwise antique environment is a little conspicuous.

In all honesty pretty much every other map takes place in a supposedly run down environment.

Bob Ross

L3: Member
Jun 16, 2009
id love to see a really dark stormy skybox. the sawmill one is alright but having the lighter side and the darker side bothers the heck outta me. im talking super dark gray and black. and maybe an accompanying soundscape with louder or more frequent thunder.

another thought may be a sort of little camping set. like a run down nasty tent, a campfire, a few supply boxes. or something like that. maybe even a skeleton or two you can submerge in mud or lay around.

EDIT: there should be a reclined skeleton wearing rotted overalls and a torn up straw hat holding a beer cup or something.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
are you serious with the underwater theme ?
man you guys should definately do that, i'd love to see what you come up with and that scenario would make awesome tf2maps as well. my reference folder tells me so ! :)

keithgarry

L2: Junior Member
Apr 16, 2009
I think a wide flat tree stump would make a cool control point, and even if it didn't, would look pretty cool.

Irit-Sagi-Hollow-Tree-Stanl.jpg

Tree.jpg

2028862060_fa8ab63dff.jpg

These would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.