Swamp Theme Expansion - You choose the content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Well yes, a large stump for a Redwood or something could work quite well for a landmark and control point support... but it may be... too recognizable. If we make specific landmarks, they are bound to be overused and noticed much more than all the other props in the theme. Plus it would likely mean for every control point placed on it to have height variation - although very slight, it could likely alter lots of things, and like the prop itself, be a repetitive gameplay usage of it.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
i've always wanted to make a level based in Rapture :B

Oh Lordy am I feeling that. It would fit right in with the period of the game, and hey, everybody loves Bioshock. Shame making it would be virtually impossible; the whole map would have to be almost nothing but custom textures and models. Meaning the file would be enormous, even if you could find enough people to work on it.

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
When I said a round flat tree stump, I literally meant a control point sized (width and height) stump, not a massive one. But I agree, they're the sort of props that give a map a unique personality, and so maybe not the best thing for people to use in every map.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008

That would be a nightmare to play on, that's what I would think...control points usually do best with a squarish area around the cp that is flat and easy to move about on. Any sort of bumpy, uneven flooring would be frustrating to play on/around. If the tree was much larger, and had a greater space for the trigger_capture_area, I could see it working, but not as depicted in that image.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
broken jetty?

Something like the boards detached from the wooden pilings, but with both having the same origin as if they had been one piece. This would allow someone to put out just the pilings, and maybe have some broken boards around.

Remnic

L2: Junior Member
Jan 24, 2009
I know I made a request for this before but a riverboat model would fit the swamp pack well. Heck, EVERYONE deserves a riverboat in their swamp map!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.