Swamp Theme Expansion - You choose the content!

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
But the other one WITH the muck is very problematic. 1, it turns upsidedown from the other angle and 2. afaik, ropes doesn't handle alpha channels very well.

I wonder if it would be possible to do something with greenish particles and "muck" child particles strung between control points...

Oooh, how about this: Use the overlay tool to stretch and join vine segment on top of an invisible/illusionary brush. Sort of like how roads are painted on the ground. Sure, it might be invisible edge-on from below, but...

Last edited:

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
I hope theres some mangrovey trees inthis pach, Im in need of some more trees for my map and I dont have the aptience to model some right now. :D

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Does the bigger jetty have longer legs? If not please could make them have longer legs, and also some swampy resupply/battlements etc signs if possible. And finaly if it's not too much, a motor boat (Though the airboat may be fine for this)

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Seeing as I just came from the Okavango Delta, Botswana, I've got a few ideas;

mokoro.jpg

Mokoros - I don't know if they're not too similar to the boats you already got, though.

Cardboard hippos to supplement the crocodiles.

Spiderwebbing to place between reeds, foilage and boats.

Small dragonflies hovering in the air above the water.

Herons or cormorants at the waterside/flying above.

More mossy, damp overlays for buildings.

A bunch more trees which you can jump on, walk around or even through.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Empty_Shadow said:
Giant shrooms!
Slimy rocks!
More questionably (nah they rock) humorous signs!

Quantuam VTX said:
Rain lots of rain.

Onikitsune said:
You have to have the obligatory outhouse with the crescent moon on the door. Preferably with a hazard sign on a post right outside it.

CunningHam said:
A few more wood and concrete textures, much more general purpose props (Wooden windows, smaller railings, etc.), we don't need so many obscure textures, like the chainsaw. I'd really like a wooden shingles texture. Upload some ideal light_environment settings for the skyboxes on the info page for the swamp pack. Maybe another larger dock model. A few swamp themed crates of varying sizes would be excellent.

But those are just a few ideas :v:
What I personally don't think anyone needs more of are trees, particle effects, and skyboxes.

Pardon the out-of-site requests, but this is a community thing, and I think the community goes beyond our site.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
I would love some larger reed models for big areas and some skybox cutout things of a swamp/ forest background.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
Pardon the out-of-site requests, but this is a community thing, and I think the community goes beyond our site.

We already have rain, outhouse, and light_environments.

EDIT: I actually really like this idea.

You could also make crappy robot-alligators. They'd look like obvious robots with bolts sticking out and such and emit a recorded-sounding loop of growling or whatever noise alligators make.

They'd be like the frog except able to kill you! :D

Last edited:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
How about:

A broken railing, that's snapped half way through
A set of doorframes for different sizes (I'd just love 128 wide by 160 high)
(I'd love these to be similar to the railings)

Some old, crooked wooden furniture:
Table
Chair
Desk

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
don't have any suggestions right now, just wanting to tell you guys, that the pack is faaaabulous. browsing it right now :)
amazing job from all of the contributors. i can't wait to see what you guys come up with regarding the new requests !!

edit: ah sry, i guess that's the wrong thread to post in. but boy there's like 36,4 swamp theme threads on the boards. you sure can get confused there ! ^^

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Could we get a second skin for the lightbulbs one that looks like its on?

lolfail

Compile it [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=2994"]properly[/ame] And use the prefab and it just looks like its on! fancy that. :eek:

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
Not sure if this was posted already, but I think a payload on a row boat will be a great addition to this pack. It could be strapped on to the boat. This could be useful for people who want to make a water-payload map.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Hmmz,

A smaller (random sizes?) and randomly placed goo particle with a more tf2 style texture.

Some more mushroom sizes/colors

Some brush based models i've made for my contest entry (and I will turn into props because I will use it to recreate deepwater)

If there is anything that you want me to make from that list just pm me / steam msg me. I could use some distraction from my main project. (anything, but not sounds)

EDIT: Is there already some1 making an airboat, because it would be a simple modification to an unfinished model ;) (I originally made for deepwater)

Last edited:
May 23, 2009
Not sure if this was posted already, but I think a payload on a row boat will be a great addition to this pack. It could be strapped on to the boat. This could be useful for people who want to make a water-payload map.

Far too specific for a general pack. We're catering to "swamp" not "your map" sorry.

I've just finished up the swampy door models, two skins and a LOD model :)

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know if anyone already said this, but a blending swamp rockwall into dirt and/or mud (both #1) would be awesome! And I someone said doing a concrete/ground blend like Hydro would be good too, I second that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.